Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
Rotary Club of Kingsbridge Estuary
The Rotary Club of Kingsbridge Estuary (“we”) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, or that we have access to through Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI) or Rotary International (RI), to keep it safe, and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy. [For the purpose of this privacy notice, The Rotary Club of Kingsbridge Estuary also includes The Rotary Club of Kingsbridge Estuary Trust Fund].
This policy applies both to members and those dealing with us.
RIBI operates at a national, district and club level. We are a club within District 1175, Rotary in The South West Peninsula: Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. Its website may be found at https://www.rotary-ribi.org/districts/homepage.php?DistrictNo=1175
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
There are many ways you may give us your information. For example, when you join as a member, begin volunteering, make a donation, support a fund raising or social event, or communicate with us either by phone, in writing, including email or in person. We are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example sites like Virgin Money Giving or BT MyDonate or other such services. These independent third parties will only share your information when you have consented. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
Via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Via information available publicly
This may include information found in places such websites (club, district, action groups etc), Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your membership, donation or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is:
· Your name
· Your contact details
· Your date of birth
· Your bank or credit card details (as relevant to the service provided)
· Details of the enquiry, service and amount of your donation or sponsorship
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core activities, these will include:
· Administer your membership or donation, including processing Gift Aid
· Provide you with the services, or information you asked for
· Obtaining Disclosure and Barring Service checks
· Communicating organisational messages and information to members or any other Rotarian
· Supporting The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom
· Providing information and updates to district and RIBI officers on the our programmes and service projects
· Preparation of a directory of the club’s members
· Appointments to committees, club, district and national offices and other assignments within the Rotary organisation
· To present our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
· Publishing club members’ names (but not without specific consent their contact details) on our website and social media pages in order to publicise our activities or provide a point of contact for forthcoming or past club events
· Keep a record of your relationship with us
· Understand how we can improve our services or information
· In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
· For any other purposes with your consent
We do not collect any personal information on members classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
Recording Telephone Calls
Club members do not record telephone calls and message left on voicemail will be deleted as soon as listened to.
1) Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for instance:
· Banking organisations – those that provide our banking/payment services
· The RIBI Template database and Data Management System (DMS)
· HMRC – for Gift Aid
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
2) Sharing within the Rotary organisation
The Rotary organisation is made up of RI, The Rotary Foundation (TRF), RIBI, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust.
When you give information to us it may be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your membership or donations and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that membership/donation. We or the relevant part of the Rotary organisation will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place.
This club and districts within RIBI are data processors for some of your personal information associated with your membership and will process your data in accordance with the RIBI privacy notice. Clubs and districts also collect personal data for their individual club and district activities and are therefore also independent data controllers. This means they are also legally responsible for protecting your data under GDPR legislation whilst in their safekeeping and will have their own privacy notices in this respect.
3) Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
How we keep your information safe and who has access to it
We or RIBI as the case may be will ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, confidential paper records are securely stored, our online forms are encrypted and the Rotary network is protected and routinely monitored.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate Rotary members.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
Where we store your information
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK or the EU by us and RIBI.
In our case information is held in the homes of members of the club on their computers and/or in paper form.
How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, process your membership, donation, event registration or other services associated to your Rotary membership. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, Gift Aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, financial records must be kept for 7 years and information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
Individual members are responsible for keeping their own personal data up to date and have access to the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary on the RIBI website for this purpose. In addition, where necessary, we will keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
· You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
· You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. Members and donors have access to their personal data via self-service systems such as the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary via the RI website. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge, unless the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then a reasonable fee will be charged. The application should be made in writing, by using the contact form on our website at www.estuaryrotary.org.uk
Applicants should be aware that where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, we can:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
- refuse to respond.
· You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
· You have a right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data for such reasons as direct marketing, automated decision making, profiling; although we can confirm we make no decisions on you using an automated process.
· You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
In certain situations, these rights may not apply, for example if you are a valid member we will need to communicate with you about your membership and those services afforded to you as part of that membership; you hold a club or district office and we need to communicate with you in relation to that office, in which case you will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonable expect us to. You can opt out of our general member mailings at any time.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website www.rotarygbi.org or by notifying you directly.
Our contact detailsRichard Cropper
Kingsbridge Estuary Rotary Club
You can email him by following the 'Contact' link at the top of this page.
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Club Secretary, details above. If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or ++44 1625 545 745
This document was last reviewed and updated 22 May 2018