Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
Rotary Club of Tynedale
DATA PRIVACY STATEMENT
1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The Club Council for the time being of the Rotary Club of Tynedale is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The Rotary Club of Tynedale complies with its obligations under “GDPR” and in accordance with RIBI Club and District Data Protection Policy Statement - by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: -
· To administer membership records in our own possession and in the sections of the Club, District 1030, RIBI and RI websites and Data Management Systems, accessible by members only. These include your Rotary history, telephone numbers, mailing and email addresses;
· To collect payment of annual subscriptions and maintain our own accounts and records;
· To inform you of news, events, activities and other pertinent Club, District, RIBI or RI matters.
· To compile a members’ information list provided exclusively to each member of the Rotary Club of Tynedale for ease of communication as between members.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
· Explicit consent of yourself, the Data Subject, so that your data can be used for the above purposes.
· Processing under section 9(2)d allows not-for-profit bodies to process data provided the processing relates only to members or former members and those who have regular contact with them in connection with those purposes; provided there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Rotary Club of Tynedale, District 1030, RIBI and RI for purposes connected with Rotary and in compliance with RIBI Club and District Data Protection Statement.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data no longer than is necessary for the purposes set out above.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: -
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Club Council and the wider Rotary movement holds about you;
· The right to request that Club Council corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the purposes of Rotary that such data be retained.
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Privacy Statement, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact, in writing, the Secretary Rotary Club of Tynedale, C/O The County Hotel, Priestpopple, Hexham or by e-mail at email@example.com
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.