Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
ROTARY CLUB OF ROYAL WOOTTON BASSETT TOWN (RWBTRC)
As the Rotary Club of Royal Wootton Bassett Town, we will protect your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations that become law in the United Kingdom on 25 May 2018. Our detailed Privacy Statement is contained in the following paragraphs but these are the main points:
-. We will only collect personal data when we need it for a specific purpose – such as registering for an event - and then we will only collect the minimum data needed for that purpose. In many cases this will be limited to your name, address and telephone number so that we can contact you regarding the specific purpose.
- When we collect your data, we will store it securely. Where possible it will be stored within RIBI’s secure Data Management System but where this is impractical, it will be it will be stored in password-protected files by designated Club officers.
- Having collected your data and used it for the purpose for which it was gathered eg Event Registration, it will be normally deleted within one calendar month – unless legislation demands a different retention period. When there is an overriding need to keep the data longer than one month, we will tell you.
- You may ask us at any time what data we have collected and where it is held. You may also ask us to remove all or some of that data from our records.
- Members of the Rotary Club of Royal Wootton Bassett Town are given access to the data held on them through the Club’s website and it is their personal responsibility to ensure that the data held is accurate and appropriate.
- If you have any issues with the Club’s Privacy Statement or its implementation, you have the right to lodge a question or complaint – in the first instance with the Club Secretary whose contact details are at the foot of the Privacy Statement.
Rotary Club of Royal Wootton Bassett Town (“we”) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, or that we have access to through Rotary International or Rotary in Great Britain & Ireland to keep it safe, and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy. [For the purpose of this privacy notice, Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland (RIBI) also includes Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust].
We pride ourselves on our honesty and openness and will always be clear how, when and why we collect and process your information; we promise we will never do anything with your details that you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
Developing a better understanding of our members and donors is crucial, and your personal data allows us to manage your membership or involvement and provide the services to which you are entitled.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
There are many ways you may give us your information. For example, when you join as a member, begin volunteering, register for a Club event, make a donation, or communicate with us either by phone, in writing, including email or in person. We are responsible for your data at all times.
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY
Your information may be shared with us by independent organisations, for example sites like Virgin Money Giving or BT MyDonate or other such services. These independent third parties will only share your information when you have consented. You should check their Privacy Notice when you provide your information to understand fully how they will process your data.
Via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp, LinkedIn or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Via information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as websites (Club, District, action groups etc), The Charities Commission, HMRC, Companies House and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
Like most websites, we use “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use.
Cookies mean that a website will remember you. They’re small text files that sites transfer to your computer (or phone or tablet). They make interacting with a website faster and easier – for example by automatically filling your name and address in text fields.
In addition, the type of device you’re using to access our website or apps and the settings on that device may provide us with information about your device, including what type of device it is, what specific device you have, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have more details about what information your device makes available to us.
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it. You should be able to control what cookies are placed on your device through your browser settings. Go to https://www.aboutcookies.org/ to find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our websites by generating statistical and other information.
Details captured during your visit to our websites will include, but are not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources you access. However, all data collected is anonymous and will not identify you as an individual.
Google, not the Rotary Club, stores this activity information. You can view Google’s privacy notice at http://www.google.com/privacypolicy.html.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need in relation to your membership, donation or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is:
• Your name
• Your contact details
• Your date of birth
• Details of the enquiry, service or product
In exceptional circumstances, we may wish to collect your bank or credit card details (as relevant to the service provided) but we will tell you when and why we need to do this on every occasion.
Where it is appropriate and necessary, we may also ask for additional information.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR DATA
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities, these will include:
• Administer your membership or donation, including processing Gift Aid
• Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for
• Providing services, products, guidance or information to districts and RIBI for their general activities, including Disclosure and Barring Service checks
• Communicating organisational messages and information to members, district and RIBI officers
• Facilitate conference, training seminars, meetings and other special event planning
• Supporting ‘The Rotarian’ and ‘Rotary’ magazines
• Supporting The Rotary Foundation (TRF) and the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom
• Providing information and updates to district and RIBI officers on RI and RIBI programmes and service projects
• Preparation of Rotary directories
• Identifying candidates for Presidential and Foundation appointments to conferences.
• Appointments to committees, RIBI and district offices, task forces and other assignments within the Rotary organisation
• To present our website and its contents to you and to allow you to participate in interactive features on our website
• Keep a record of your relationship with us
• Understand how we can improve our services, products or information
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
• For any other purposes with your consent
We do not collect any personal information on members classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
Interact, Rotakids and under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s except for Registration purposes for Youth activities including RYLA and Youth Challenge Interact and Rotakids clubs are managed through the identified Rotarian member contact.
The RIBI District Youth Exchange Association operates as a separate entity to RIBI and RI and is responsible for the organisation of Rotary youth exchange programmes. You can view their privacy notice by visiting their website: https://www.youthexchange.org.uk/
1) Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for instance:
• Banking organisations – those that provide our banking/payment services
• Heart Internet – our RIBI Template database, Data Management System (DMS) and rotarygbi.org secure hosting service provider
• HMRC – for Gift Aid, tax and employment details
• HROC – our website development and support provider
• MailChimp – our communication mailing software service provider
• Rotary International
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
2) Sharing within the Rotary organisation
The Rotary organisation is made up of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation (TRF), Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust.
When you give information to us it may be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your membership or donations and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that membership/donation. We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data within the wider organisation.
Rotary clubs and districts within Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland are data processors for some of your personal information associated with your membership and will process your data in accordance with the RIBI privacy notice. Clubs and districts also collect personal data for their individual club and district activities and are therefore also independent data controllers. This means we are also legally responsible for protecting your data under GDPR legislation whilst in our safekeeping.
3) Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE AND WHO HAS ACCESS TO IT
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate Rotary members and our service/host providers.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK or the EU by Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland.
• Members’ personal information is stored via the DMS, RIBI Template System and My Rotary and in some instances may held by individual club officers or members for the purpose of specific club activities.
• As a ‘friend of this Rotary club’, with your consent, your personal information may be stored on the DMS and RIBI Template System and in some instances may be held by individual club officers or members for the purpose of specific club activities.
• As a non-member of Rotary, with your consent, your personal information will be held by individual club officers or members for the purpose of specific club activities.
With the exception of ‘friends of this Rotary club’, there is a two-way synchronisation of personal information made through the DMS between the RIBI Template System and RI’s My Rotary.
Your personal information held on the DMS/RIBI Template System is synchronised with RI’s My Rotary when updated through the DMS. Likewise, your personal information held on My Rotary can be synchronised to the DMS/RIBI Template System through the DMS.
Your personal information held on the DMS and RIBI Template System will be held securely within the UK or the EU by Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland and their secure hosting service provider. You can view Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland’s privacy notice by visiting their website.
However, Rotary International runs its operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as organisations based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you understand your personal data will be transferred, stored and processed at a location outside the EEA. You can view Rotary International’s privacy notice by visiting their website: https://my.rotary.org/en/privacy-policy
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE KEEP IT UP TO DATE
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, process your membership, donation, event registration or other services associated to your Rotary membership. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, employment records for 6 years after an employee leaves, financial records must be kept for 7 years, information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
Individual members are responsible for keeping their own personal data up to date and have access to the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary on the RIBI website for this purpose. In addition, where necessary, we will keep your information accurate and up-to-date.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioners website https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/
• You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
• You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. Members and donors have access to their personal data via self-service systems such as the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary via the RI website. You can also request a copy of the information that we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge, unless the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then a reasonable fee will be charged. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to the RWBTRC Honorary Secretary, contact details shown below, enclosing two proofs of identification.
Applicants should be aware that where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, RWBTRC could:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
- refuse to respond.
• You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
• You have a right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data for such reasons as direct marketing, automated decision making, profiling; although we can confirm we make no decisions on you using an automated process.
• You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
In certain situations, these rights may not apply, for example if you are a valid member we will need to communicate with you about your membership and those services afforded to you as part of that membership; you hold a club or district office and we need to communicate with you in relation to that office, in which case you will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonable expect us to. You can opt out of our general member mailings at any time.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website www.wbtrc.org.uk or by notifying you directly.
Our contact details
Rotary Club of Royal Wootton Bassett Town
6 Whitethorn Close
Royal Wootton Bassett
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Club Secretary as above or the RIBI General Secretary, details below.
RIBI General Secretary
Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland
Tel: 01789 765411
If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or ++44 1625 545 745
Rotary Club of Royal Wootton Bassett Town
This document was last reviewed and updated 30 May 2018