Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
The Rotary Club of Perth
The Rotary Club of Perth (“we”) promise to respect the confidentiality of any personal data you share with us, or that we have access to through Rotary, Great Britain & Ireland or Rotary International (RIBI), to keep it safe, and we will always take every effort to protect your privacy.
We pride ourselves on our honesty and openness and will always be clear how, when and why we collect and process your information; we promise we will never do anything with your details that you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
We collect information in the following ways:
When you give it to us DIRECTLY
There are many ways you may give us your information. For example, when you join as a member, begin volunteering, make a donation or bid in our silent auction, participate in our events; including charity golf day, fayre, youth competitions, or communicate with us either by phone, in writing, including email or in person. We are responsible for your data at all times.
Via Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy notices for social media and messaging services like Facebook, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services.
Via information available publicly
This may include information found in places such as websites and information that has been published in articles/newspapers.
Like most websites, the RIBI website we use has “cookies” to help us make our site, and the way you use it, better. We do not store any personal data in the cookies that we use.
RIBI use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our websites by generating statistical and other information.
However, all data collected is anonymous and will not identify you as an individual.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
We will only ever capture the minimum amount of information that we need to in relation to your membership, donation or services we provide to you and we promise to keep your information secure. The personal data we will usually collect is:
● Your name
● Your contact details
● Your date of birth (for members / youth projects)
● Your bank or credit card details (as relevant to the service provided)
● Details of the enquiry, service or product
Where it is appropriate, we may also ask for additional information
How we will use your data
We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core business activities, these will include:
● Administer your membership or donation, including processing Gift Aid
● Provide you with the services, products or information you asked for
● Communicating organisational messages and information to members
● Preparation of Rotary directories
● Preparation of Rotary Club of Perth Members list
● Keep a record of your relationship with us
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
● For any other purposes with your consent
● Advising you of future events you have previously participated in
We do not collect any personal information classified as ‘sensitive’ under GDPR.
Under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s without the consent of their parent/guardian.
1) Our service/host providers
In the course of our legitimate business activities, there may be a need for us to share, or give access to, your personal data to third parties that provide us with services or host our applications/software that you may access, for instance:
● Banking organisations – those that provide our banking/payment services
● HMRC – for Gift Aid, tax and employment details
● F.G.I.T.S. Ltd. - Our systems provider for Perth Silent Auction
● MailChimp – our communication mailing software service provider for Perth Silent Auction
We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing with, or giving access to, your data with any of our service/host providers.
2) Sharing within the Rotary organisation
The Rotary organisation is made up of Rotary International, The Rotary Foundation (TRF), Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, the Rotary Foundation United Kingdom (RFUK) and the RIBI Donations Trust. When you give information to us it will be shared within the wider organisation to facilitate your membership or donations and to provide the service afforded to you as part of that membership/donation. We will ensure that data processing agreements, compliant to GDPR, are in place before sharing your data within the wider organisation.
Rotary clubs and districts within Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland are data processors for some of your personal information associated with your membership and will process your data in accordance with the RIBI privacy notice. Clubs and districts also collect personal data for their individual club and district activities and are therefore also independent data controllers. This means they are also legally responsible for protecting your data under GDPR legislation whilst in their safekeeping and will have their own privacy notices in this respect.
3) Sharing with third parties
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
How we keep your information safe and who has access to it
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details. For example, confidential paper records are securely stored, our electronic data and computers are protected. Confidential paper waste is suitably destroyed.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate Rotary members and our service/host providers. We do comprehensive checks on the companies we use before we work with them and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they may have access to as part of providing those services.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
Where we store your information
Your personal information will be stored securely within the UK or the EU by the Rotary Club of Perth.
It may also be stored by Rotary International in Great Britain & Ireland, within the UK or the EU.
However, Rotary International run its operations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as organisations based in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with UK data protection law. By submitting your personal information to us you understand your personal data will be transferred, stored and processed at a location outside the EEA. You can view Rotary International’s privacy notice by visiting their website: https://my.rotary.org/en/privacy-policy
How long we retain your information and how we keep it up to date
We will only keep your information for as long as we need it to assist you with your enquiry, process your membership, donation, event registration or other services associated to your Rotary membership. There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, financial records must be kept for 7 years, information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event. We shall delete your information according to these statutory limits, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner.
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you certain rights and these are listed below for your convenience, further clarification of your rights is available on the Information Commissioner’s website.
● You have a right to be informed when your personal data is being collected, what is collected and how it will be used or shared.
● You have a right of access to your personal data: the right of access allows you to be aware of and verify the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data. Members and donors have access to their personal data via self-service systems such as the RIBI Data Management System (DMS) or My Rotary via the RI website. You can also request a copy of the information which we hold on you. This information will be provided free of charge, unless the request is found to be manifestly unfounded or excessive then a reasonable fee will be charged. The application should be made in writing, by letter or email, and addressed to the Rotary Club of Perth, Secretary, contact details shown below, enclosing two proofs of identification.
Applicants should be aware that where requests are manifestly unfounded or excessive, in particular because they are repetitive, the Rotary Club of Perth can:
- charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information; or
- refuse to respond.
● You have a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked (restrict processing), erased (right to be forgotten), or destroyed.
● You have a right in certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data for such reasons as direct marketing, automated decision making, profiling; although we can confirm we make no decisions on you using an automated process.
● You have a right in certain circumstances to data portability.
In certain situations, these rights may not apply, for example if you are a valid member we will need to communicate with you about your membership and those services afforded to you as part of that membership; you hold a club or district office and we need to communicate with you in relation to that office, in which case you will not be able to unsubscribe from these communications.
We collect and process your personal data through legitimate interests or because you have provided it to us to enable us to deliver a service to you. We will only process your personal data as you would reasonable expect us to. You can opt out of our general member mailings at any time.
Finally, if you are unhappy with how we have processed your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Office of the Information Commissioner, contact details below.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website http://www.rotary-ribi.org/clubs/homepage.php?ClubID=49 or by notifying you directly.
Our contact details
Secretary Rotary Club of Perth, McDiarmid Park, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2SJ.
If you are unhappy with how we have processed your personal information, please firstly contact the Rotary Club of Perth Secretary, details above. If you are still unhappy you may contact the following:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or ++44 1625 545 745
Rotary Club of Perth
This document was last reviewed and updated 30th May 2018