Privacy and Accessibility
Every effort has been made to ensure that the original template pages for this site are W3C compatible.
However, as the content of pages is supplied by the club, such content may not be compatible.
We use Google Analytics to make sure our statistics are reliable.
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are.
Some pages may have cookies used to integrate with Social Media sites, so that, for example, if you are logged into Facebook, you can 'like' pages.
We do not collect personal data in the public area of the site - if you complete a contact form, for example, your email address is not stored in a database for re-use, nor is any information passed to third parties.
Rotary Club of Loddon Vale
1.1 This document describes the overall Rotary policy on data protection (see Rotary International (RI) website), including the General Data Protection Regulation, and in particular, that at club level. On that basis this policy document is in accord with that required by Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland (RIBI)
1.2 By its nature and structure, the Rotary family has several databases holding personal information and some of these are interconnected. Each element of the Rotary organization (i.e. club, District, RIBI and RI) is responsible for the safety and integrity of the personal data that it holds. What follows here is purely dealing with the holding of personal data at club level with indications of where some of this data migrates to in the Rotary databases and how it stored and managed.
1.3 We will use your personal data for the legitimate interest of conducting core club or district activities that will include:
2. Rotary Club of Lodon Vale
2.1 The Rotary Club of Loddon Vale respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it. Maintaining protection of the information entrusted to our care by our members is of the utmost importance to Rotary.
2.2 This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website Rotary Club of Loddon Vale, become a member, or take part in one of our events, a Friend of Rotary and our practices for collecting, using, protecting and disclosing that information.
2.3 This Policy applies to information we collect:
· On our Website.
· In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website.
· Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website.
· When you become a member of our Rotary Club.
· When you sign up to be a Friend of Rotary.
· When you sign up for any events that we host.
· When you interact with us in another way - for example, contacting us with an inquiry.
2.4 The personal data held at club level is:
· Contact details (telephone numbers and email addresses etc).
· Date of birthday.
· Career details.
· Rotary membership numbers.
If a Paul Harris Fellow.
2.5 Note that any details of a member’s partner is not to be included in the club database unless permission has been given.
3. Personal Information Collection
3.2 We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website and others, including information:
· By which you may be personally identified, including your name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number ("personal information");
· That is about you individually but is not held in a form to identify you, such as age, gender, language preferences, expertise, date of birth; and/or
3.3 We collect this information:
· Directly from you when you provide it to us.
· From third parties we contract with to provide services on our behalf (such as event organizers).
· From clubs and partners in the Rotary global network.
4. Information You Provide to Us
4.1 We collect information you provide when you interact with our website or when dealing with the Rotary Club of Loddon Valeor at one of the Rotary Club’s events:
· Information that you provide by making an inquiry or joining as a member. This includes information provided at the time of registering to Rotary.org through My Rotary, data management system (DMS) or requesting further services or signing up to a Rotary club. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, or when you decide to join up to be a Friend of Rotary.
· Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail and other electronic messages, including social media posts), if you contact us.
· Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
· Your search queries on our Website.
· There may be features that are developed in the future that may result in the collection of additional new information.
5. Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Other Technologies
5.1 As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
· Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
5.2 The information we collect in this way is anonymous. It is aggregated into statistical data to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
· Estimate our audience size, browser statistics, popularity of content and usage patterns.
· Speed up your searches.
· Recognize you when you return to our Website.
5.3 The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
5.4 We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us, in which case we will process such personal information in accordance with the remainder of this Policy.
6. How We Use Your Information
6.1 We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information
· To present our website and its contents to you.
· To provide you with information about what the Rotary Club of Loddon Vale is involved in.
· To offer and fulfil our core activities which include:
- Facilitating convention and special event planning.
- Communicating key organisational messages.
- Supporting the programmes and membership of Rotary.
- Complying with any legal obligations.
- Inform members about membership costs.
- To fulfil any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our website.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose where we have your consent.
6.2 We may also use your information to contact you about our club’s events that may be of interest to you. Rotary confirms that it will not sell or trade its membership data. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, you may opt-out of these contacts by notifying us. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information section below.
7. Disclosure of Your Information
7.1 We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that cannot be used to identify any individual, without restriction.
7.2 We may disclose personal information that we collect, or you provide, as described in this Policy:
· To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our events and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
· To fulfil the purpose for which you provide it.
· For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
· With your consent.
7.3 We may also disclose your personal information:
· To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
8. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rotary, Rotarians, Rotary clubs and this includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. How long we retain your personal data for?
8.1 Rotary retains personal data identifying you for as long as necessary in the circumstances - for instance, as long as you are a member of a club or have a relationship with Rotary International network: for a reasonable period to send you club notices where we have regular contact with you, or as may be needed to comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
8.2 Rotary has adopted a data retention policy, taking into account various legislative requirements and guidance such as keeping information about monies paid for membership, and sponsorship will be kept for a minimum of 7 years as the information can be requested by the Charities Commission.
8.3 In accordance with the above retention policy, the personal data that we no longer need will be disposed of and/or anonymized, so you can no longer be identified from it.
9. Your personal data rights
9.1 A person or Rotarian can request information about the personal data that the club holds, what we use that personal data for and who it may be disclosed to as well as certain other information.
9.2 Usually we will have one month to respond to a subject access request. However, we reserve the right to verify your identity and we may, in case of complex requests, require a further two months to respond. We may also charge for administrative time in dealing with any manifestly unreasonable or excessive requests. We may also require further information to locate the specific information you seek and certain legal exemptions under applicable data protection laws or regulations when responding to your subject access request.
9.3 We correct personal data that we hold about you which is inaccurate or incomplete:
· We erase your personal data without undue delay if we no longer need to hold or process it:
· To object to any automated processing (if applicable) that we carry out in relation to your personal data. for example, if we conduct any automated credit scoring:
· To object to our use of your personal data for direct marketing:
· To object and/or to restrict the use of your personal data for purpose other than those set out above unless we have a compelling legitimate reason: or
· That we transfer personal data to another party where the personal data has been collected with your consent or is being used to perform contract with you and is being processed by automated means.
· So we can comply, please note that these requests may also be forwarded on to third party data processors who are involved in the processing of your personal data on our behalf such as the DMS.
· If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the address below Rotary Club of Loddon Vale email address firstname.lastname@example.org
· If you make a request and are not satisfied with our response or believe that we are illegally processing your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner Office in the United Kingdom.
10. Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
10.1 We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
· Disclosure of Your Information If you do not want us to share your personal information with event organisers. Inform the Rotary Club of Loddon Vale but please be aware that this could impact on how we provide you with information
· Adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes. Otherwise you can send Rotary International an e-mail stating your request to Contact.Center@rotary.org. or discuss it with the Club Secretary about what information you want on the DMS
· Organisational notices. If you do not wish receive information by Rotary Club to promote club events please inform the Club secretary of Loddon Vale @ email@example.com
11. Donor / Sponsors of events Privacy Information
11.1 Rotary will not sell, trade or share a donor's personal information, including their name, phone number, email, or physical address with non-Rotary third parties nor will it send donors mailings on behalf of other unrelated organizations. This policy applies to all information received by Rotary, both online and offline, as well as any electronic, written or oral communication. Rotary occasionally uses third-party vendors to manage and process donor information e.g., programmes for events. These vendors are bound by strict confidentiality agreements.
12. Accessing and Correcting Your Information
12.1 Where you are a registered user on this website, you can review and change your personal information by logging onto My Rotary and visiting your account profile page.
12.2 You may also send us an e-mail at Contact.Center@rotary.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to Rotary International. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
12.3 If you delete your User Content from the website, copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Rotarians in the club handbook.
13. Children Under the Age of 18
14. 13.1 Our website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to, or on, our website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. Data Security
14.1 RI and RIBI have implemented technical and operational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. At club level, your data is stored on a database behind and firewall, is password protected and is managed by specific Rotarians within the club. All personal information you provide to us is stored on password-protected databases on our secure servers behind firewalls. We have a documented incident response plan for acting upon events that violate Rotary’s security or privacy policies, should they occur, and this plan is reviewed and updated on an ongoing basis.
14.2 The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Passwords registered with our website are encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorized access to your personal information. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our website.
15. Rotary Club handbooks- Rotarians must dispose of them as confidential waste e.g. shredding it.
15.1 The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our website or over any public network. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Without prejudice to any mandatory legal obligations to which we may be subject, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website.
16. Security Breach
16.1 What should the club do if there is a security breach? If, despite the security measures the club takes to protect the personal data held, a breach of security occurs, it is important that the club deals with the security breach quickly and conducts as thorough investigation as possible. The breach may arise from a theft, a deliberate attack on the club’s systems, from the unauthorised use of personal data by a Rotarian, or from accidental loss or equipment failure.
16.2 However the breach occurs, the club must respond to and manage the incident appropriately.
16.3 Steps to be taken:
· Rotarian to contact Club President and alert them of the situation.
· Gather the facts about the data breach.
· Consider advising all club members.
· Consider taking down the website and/or database. Club President to contact District Governor.
· District Governor to contact Rotary PR Team. 01789 765411 (option 3) or firstname.lastname@example.org
· Follow their advice.
17.1 RI, RIBI and the club may change, add, modify or remove portions of this Policy at any time, which shall become effective immediately upon posting on this page. Club members shall be informed when this occurs. The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the bottom of the page. -
18. Contact Information
18.1 If you have any questions about Rotary Clubs privacy protection practices or believe we have not adhered to this Policy, please contact us at email address email@example.com Last modified: 24th May 2018