Rotary Changes Lives
Most charities are formed for a specific purpose: Rotary is not. What is Rotary trying to achieve? Quite simply its overarching aim is to change people's lives.
Where and how it does this is diverse.
- For thirty years Rotary has been at the forefront of the worldwide programme to eliminate polio. There are now only four countries left reporting a small number of cases. That is changing people's lives.
- Following the earthquake in Turkey the ShelterBox, charity, strongly supported by Rotary, immediately sent 5,000 ShelterBoxes to the stricken areas. Each provides essential items for shelter, warmth and clean water for ten people: 50,000 people benefited. That is changing people's lives.
- Rotary clubs raise funds for many local charities helping them in their essential work. Through them Rotary is again helping to change people's lives.
- Rotary has projects to help young people widen their experience, improve their life skills, and bolster their confidence. That is changing their lives.
- The voluntary work that Rotarians do in their own community helps to make a more pleasant environment for its residents. That, in a small way, is changing people's lives.
- Meeting regularly, fellowship grows into friendship with like-minded men and women.
- Talks, visits and social activities is a feature at all clubs
- Rotary is family orientated; partners and friends are welcomed and involved.
- Rotary is a world-wide; Rotarians are welcomed at any club anywhere.
- Using one's life-skills, in a less stressful environment, helping those who are less fortunate is both satisfying and relaxing.
- Rotary is fun!
Worlwide, Rotary has over 32,000 clubs in 200 countries with a rich and diverse membership of over 1.2 million members.
Each club is autonomous and around the world we all share the same values and ideals of service as a major force for good locally and internationally. Formed in 1964 the Rotary Club of Llanidloes has been a catalyst for many initiatives in and around the Llanidloes area, raising considerable funds and participating in fun activities that support local, as well as international, good causes. As an example, over the last thirty years Rotary has virtually eliminated the impact of the wild Polio virus around the world, saving countless people from a crippled life.
Locally, our members from diverse professional and business backgrounds, we work together using their skills, knowledge and expertise supporting those needing a helping hand.
Why not ask about joining us to build contacts, enjoy lasting friendships, to share, learn and develop new business expertise whilst also enabling our charitable endeavors.
Do contact us soon, becoming a Rotarian could help change your life. - a warm, inclusive and friendly welcome awaits you here, and indeed everywhere that Rotarians meet around the globe - they are a nice bunch of people with great integrity. With a positive view on life in all its forms, we welcome interest and support from all parts of the business and professional community.
The larger our membership, the more people's lives we can change. Will you help: join us?
FRIDAY 13TH JULY 2018 we are holding our 20th CONCERT IN THE PARK - please come and join us at 6.30pm
Meetings and events happening soon
Saturday 30th June 09.00
Message in a Bottle
Get involved and help clean up our beautiful town!details
Sunday 1st July 18.00
Dictionary for Life
Every year school children are presented with a gift from the Rotary club, a dictionary - for life.details
Friday 13th July 18.30 -
Rotary Concert in the Park 2018
Our clubs 20th Open Air Concert in the Park / Starting the weekends Carnival off with Music and a Song.details
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.