Rotary Club of Kings Lynn Priory - welcome! Please scroll/swipe down through this page to find out more about us, in addition to the pages linked in the menu, top-left.
A stroke awareness event was held in Tuesday Market Place King's Lynn on Saturday 11 Junedetails
Derbyshire Trip 2014
The club's annual weekend at Derwent Forest in Derbyshire took place from 3rd to 6th October, attended by 20 in all including 4 guests.details
Led be Com/Voc. The planting this Autumn has been postponed until the Spring pending the identification of a suitable site.details
A report on our day at the Sandringham Flower Show distributing crocus corms in aid of Purple for Poliodetails
King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We are a friendly and growing and very active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender and proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community
. We are also in the process of establishing a satellite club for younger professionals who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
- Easter Egg Trail to be held on Easter Saturday at Sandringham.
- Racenight raises £1000 for charity fund
- 3rd successful technology tournament held at King's Lynn Academy in March sponsored by Bespak
- Satellite Club launched on 16 November with 9 members see pictures in what we do
- Successful "purple 4 polio" stand at the Sandringham Flower Show on 27 July where purple crocus bulbs were distributed.
- John Mansfield took over from Peter Tasker as our new President at the President's installation at King's Lynn Golf Club
- Dictionaries for life being distributed to 12 primary schools
- Tony Bruce awarded Paul Harris Fellowship at the President's night
- the Rotary Foundation
- East Anglia Air Ambulance
- End Polio Now
- Shelter Box
- Home Start
- Lend With Care
- Churchill Park Forest School
- Poppy appeal
- The Rainbow Trust in Sri Lanka (in partnership with King's Lynn and King's Lynn Trinity Rotary Clubs). The Rainbow Trust provides education, nutrition and health support to the poorest children in a small area of Sri Lanka.
- Purfleet Trust
We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
We have also
- supported the Forest School at Churchill Park School by regularly attending as volunteers
On the social side we have an annual overseas trip, this year we went to Malta from 6-10 May, and our annual walking trip to Derbyshire.is at the end of September
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
Meetings and events happening soon
Wednesday 7th February 13.00 - 14.30 Wednesday 7th March
Held at Knights Hill. Speaker is Kevin Parr-Burma from the Matthew Project, which helps those affected by drugs and alcohol in Norfolk.
Find out more details by logging on.
Wednesday 21st February 18.30
Held at the King's Lynn Golf Club. Our speaker is the Reverend Chris Copsey who will be speaking about her role as Chaplin to the Coroner. Her stories about stacked burials in one grave and complicated exhumations should be good!
Wednesday 28th February 18.15
Joint Meeting of West Norfolk Rotary Clubs
Meal and talk on Headway Norfolk & Waveney at St Nicholas Chapel.details
Monday 5th March 19.00
Held at 33 Avon Road
Wednesday 7th March 13.00
Held at Knights Hill
Richard Pennington, a solicitor with Ward Gethin Archer and a Trustee with the KL Food Bank has agreed to address our meeting on the 7th March regarding the workings of our local Foodbank Charity.
Wednesday 14th March 18.30
Held at the King's Lynn Golf Club
Wednesday 21st March 18.30
Held at the King's Lynn Golf Club
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Rotary supporting young people
Rotary on the brink of polio history
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(On middle two Wednesdays of each month we meet in the evening at 18.30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club - see Club website for detail.)
KNIGHTS HILL HOTEL, South Wootton, King's Lynn each week at 13:00, except the middle 2 Wednesdays when we meet at 18:30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club. PE30 3HQ 01553 675566