Rotary Club of Kings Lynn Priory - welcome! Please scroll/swipe down through this page to find out more about us, in addition to the pages linked in the menu, top-left.
District Conference 2014
A report from the President aided by Alan and Peter on the District Conference held in Ipswich on October 18th.details
Derbyshire Trip 2014
The club's annual weekend at Derwent Forest in Derbyshire took place from 3rd to 6th October, attended by 20 in all including 4 guests.details
Our annual trip to Derbyshire was again a success - report and pictures belowdetails
King's Lynn Priory Rotary Club (Club 1180)
We are a friendly and growing and very active club with a very wide range of community and fundraising projects and a full social calender and proud to be part of the worldwide Rotary community
. We are also in the process of establishing a satellite club for younger professionals who are not able or ready to commit to full membership of the club. If you want to know more about Rotary click on the following linkhttp://rotarygbi.org/about-us/communities For more on the satellite club click on What We Do above and select the Satellite Club page
- Easter Egg Trail to be held on Easter Saturday at Sandringham.
- Racenight raises £1000 for charity fund
- 3rd successful technology tournament held at King's Lynn Academy in March sponsored by Bespak
- Satellite Club launched on 16 November with 9 members see pictures in what we do
- Successful "purple 4 polio" stand at the Sandringham Flower Show on 27 July where purple crocus bulbs were distributed.
- John Mansfield took over from Peter Tasker as our new President at the President's installation at King's Lynn Golf Club
- Dictionaries for life being distributed to 12 primary schools
- Tony Bruce awarded Paul Harris Fellowship at the President's night
- the Rotary Foundation
- East Anglia Air Ambulance
- End Polio Now
- Shelter Box
- Home Start
- Lend With Care
- Churchill Park Forest School
- Poppy appeal
- The Rainbow Trust in Sri Lanka (in partnership with King's Lynn and King's Lynn Trinity Rotary Clubs). The Rainbow Trust provides education, nutrition and health support to the poorest children in a small area of Sri Lanka.
- Purfleet Trust
We run an annual harvest supper for the elderly and provide Dictionaries for Life to several schools.
We have also
- supported the Forest School at Churchill Park School by regularly attending as volunteers
On the social side we have an annual overseas trip, this year we went to Malta from 6-10 May, and our annual walking trip to Derbyshire.is at the end of September
If you would like to attend one of our meetings or are interested in joining the club please get in touch by clicking the contact tab below.
Meetings and events happening soon
Tuesday 21st November 09.00
Held at the King's Lynn Academy.
Wednesday 22nd November 19.00
Held at Park House
Wednesday 29th November 13.00
Held at Knights Hill
Saturday 2nd December 09.00
Christmas Tree Sale
The sale will take place in Tuesday Market place. Lot's of help needed.
Monday 4th December 19.00
Held at 33 Avon Road
Wednesday 6th December 13.00
Business Meeting/Special General Meeting
Held at Knights Hill
Thursday 7th December 19.00
Satellite Club meeting
Meet in the Family Room, Farmers Arms, Knights Hill.
Tuesday 12th December 18.00
Priory Carol Service followed by party at our President's house
St Mary's Church, South Wootton then onto 33 Avon Road for President's drinks & nibbles.
Wednesday 20th December 19.00
Provisional date and venue to be confirmed.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(On middle two Wednesdays of each month we meet in the evening at 18.30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club - see Club website for detail.)
KNIGHTS HILL HOTEL, South Wootton, King's Lynn each week at 13:00, except the middle 2 Wednesdays when we meet at 18:30 at the King's Lynn Golf Club. PE30 3HQ 01553 675566