Fleet Fun Walk 2019
Sat 4th May 2019 at 09.00 - 16.00
FLEET FUN WALK 2019 Enjoy a walk around Fleet and the surrounding countryside with friends and family, and raise money for your chosen charity or good cause.thumbnail view
Fleet Fun Walk 2019
Saturday 4th May 2019
Our last FLEET FUN WALK (2018) RAISED A TOTAL OF £11,250, thanks to the many participants who walked and raised sponsorship for their chosen charities and good causes.
SUMMARY - FLEET FUN WALK 2019:
- The aim is for participants to enjoy the challenge of the 'Fleet Fun Walk' and to use it to raise sponsorship monies for their chosen charities. All sponsorship monies raised will go to their selected charity or good cause.
- Each walker must pay a non-refundable registration fee of £5.00 to cover administration and set-up costs. Any surplus will be donated to Fleet Rotary charities.
- There are two distances to choose from; the main walk is 7.3 miles long (with an opt out at Fleet Railway Station after 3.6 miles), or for our enthusiastic walkers, an extended walk further along the Basingstoke Canal towards Crookham Village, returning by footpaths across fields to Calthorpe Park, a total of 10.3 miles.
- Participants must check in at the start/finish point at the 22nd Fleet Scout Group HQ at Calthorpe Park, Fleet, between 09.00 and 11.00 hours
- A map of the walk and extension can be found here: FFW2019Walk_Map.jpeg.pdf
SIGNING UP FOR THE WALK
Signing up for the walk is essential to enable Fleet Rotary to account for those participating, for all sponsorship actions and for the distribution of charity funds. Please complete the registration form available from this link:
Payment of registration fees is either by Paypal or by credit card. Please contact the Registrar if this is not convenient.
Young walkers (under 18 years old) must be accompanied by an adult, and groups must be of maximum size of 7, including the leader.
It is a condition of registration that all sponsorship raised is to be sent to Fleet Rotary, not direct to your charity or good cause. The sum raised and all Gift Aid collected will be forwarded to the charity you detail on your registration form.
You are encouraged to set-up a sponsorship page at VirginMoneyGiving by signing in and adding Fleet Fun Walk as your charity. Fleet Rotary will receive your sponsorship money plus any Gift Aid that can be claimed on your sponsorship, and we guarantee that your sponsorship will be forwarded to the charity as detailed on your registration form.
It has been found that more sponrship is raised by using VirginMoneyGiving, so please use our VMG page by pressing this button to register and start your fundraising:
You will also receive a sponsorship form from the Registrar once you have completed your registration, should you wish to get sponsorship direct from your supporters. Further information on sponsorship will be forwarded to you on receipt of your registration
Please also refer to the Fleet Fun Walk 2019 FAQ sheet at