Rotary Club of Wallingford, Sinodun and District
Home | Community & Vocational Service
Community service responds to the needs of a local community.
A community, defined in its simplest terms, is a group of people who have something in common.
The objective of our Rotary club is†to determine top priorities for service projects by first learning about a community's needs and assets, and then developing a response that addresses them.
An effective service project:
- Responds to a real issue, not an imagined one.
- Improves the lives of community members.
- Incorporates the abilities of those who are served.
- Recognizes all participants' contributions†
- Aims for specific goals and objectives
Our club members have enjoyed the opportunity to support many Community projects such as:
As a group of Rotarians, we have also supported many other charities, not just by fund raising, but also by helping to raise the awareness of the charity.
Over the last 25 years since our club was formed, we have donated over £100,000 to good causes.
Recently, we have supported charities such as,
An example of the local charities or organisations that we have or continually support are:
- The Elizabeth Coach for the disabled
- The Wallingford Magazine
- Talking Newspaper
- The Wallingford club