Rotary Club of Durham
Home | Club Council
Club Council is the governing body of the Club and shall have general control over all officers and committees in accordance with the Constitution and Club By-laws.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Strategic planning of Club policies and activities.
- Review the programme and policies of the Club to ensure effective implementation and continued relevance.
- As Club Budget/Finance Committee, prepare the budget for Club approval and monitor on a monthly basis.
- Ensure that potential members meet qualifications and can hold a classification.
- Inform the proposer of a decision regarding membership, through the Club secretary, within 30 days.
- Consider new and creative ways to promote the Object of Rotary.
- Assess current trends in the community and the world and evaluate how the Club can pursue its goals in regard to these trends.
- Decide such committees as may be considered necessary, subject to Club approval.
Click on the image below to see a printable diagram illustrating the "management" structure of the Club.
Also - see the 2011-2012 Club Organisation Chart
Club Council Composition:-
- President (Committee Chairman)
- President Elect (Committee Vice Chairman)
- President Nominee
- Immediate Past President
- Club Secretary
- Club Treasurer
- plus six Elected Members
Committee chairmen and Bulletin editor attend Council Meetings to give reports and contribute to discussions. Other Club members may attend meetings as required.
Council normally meets on the second Tuesday of each month except August, 7:00pm at Finchale Training College.
- 90th Anniversary Commemorative Mug
- Charter Dinner 2013 - A Celebration of the 90th Anniversary of the founding of our Club
- Charter Dinner 2012 - A Celebration of the 89th Anniversary of the founding of our Club
- Club Assembly - 2010
- Charter Dinner 2011 - A Celebration of our 88th Anniversary
- Charter Dinner - 2010
- Charter Dinner - 2009
- Charter Dinner - 2008
- Club Organisation Chart 2010-2011
- Hon. Treasurer MBE
- 2010 - Outgoing and Incoming Presidents' Addresses
- Club Assembly 2008
- 2009 - Incoming and Outgoing Presidents' Addresses
- Club Organisation Chart 2009-2010
- Club Organisation Chart 2008-2009
- 2008 - Outgoing and Incoming Presidents' Addresses
- Supported Charities - 2008
- Club Organisation Chart 2007-2008
- Supported Charities - 2007
- 2007 - Incoming and Outgoing Presidents' Addresses
- Presidential Citation 2007
- Club Organisation Chart 2006-2007
- 2006 - Incoming and Outgoing Presidents' Addresses
- Supported Charities - 2006