Rotary Club of Durham
Home | International Service and Rotary Foundation
The main aim of this committee is to develop and implement educational, humanitarian, vocational and youth projects that address the needs of communities in other countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Guide and assist members in respect of international service matters.
- Plan projects that include all members.
- Ensure support for RI programmes that are international in scope, e.g. Youth Exchange, Friendship Exchange, Group Study Exchange and Ambassadorial Scholars.
- Rotary Foundation Sub-Committee: to encourage active participation in, and financial support for, Rotary Foundation; publicise Foundation and plan an activity to observe Rotary Foundation Month (November).
- World Community Service – provide information on WCS programme; submit projects in need of assistance or seek projects to support on the WCS Projects Exchange.
- Twinning – develop and implement projects and initiatives with our Twinning partners.
- Plan an activity to observe World Understanding Month (February).
- May establish permanent or ad hoc sub-committees subject to Council approval.
- Co-ordinating work of related sub-committees.
- Liaises with and assists Fund Raising Committee.
- Thanks for Life - A Window of Opportunity
- International Service Update - November 2011
- Thanks For Life - Window of Opportunity Photos
- The Leprosy Mission Project - Matching Grants
- Leprosy Hospital Project Update
- Focus on the Crocus - The Blooming Big Bulb Plant!
- End Polio Now - Thanks for Life Collection
- Focus on the Crocus - The Big Bulb Plant Continues at Kelloe
- Visit to Durham by RC Durham, North Carolina