Rotary Club of South Cambridge
Home | Club Council
Club Council role and structure.
Rotary year 1 July to 30 June.
Club Council is the governing body of the Club and shall have general control over all officers and committees in accordance with the Constitution and Club By-laws.
Roles and Responsibilities:-
- Strategic planning of Club policies and activities.
- Review the programme and policies of the Club to ensure effective implementation and continued relevance.
- As Club Budget/Finance Committee, prepare the budget for Club approval and monitor on a monthly basis.
- Consider potential candidates for membership
- Inform the proposer of a decision regarding membership, through the Club secretary, within 30 days.
- Consider new and creative ways to promote the Object of Rotary.
- Assess current trends in the community and the world and evaluate how the Club can pursue its goals in regard to these trends.
- Decide such committees as may be considered necessary, subject to Club approval.
- Keep the whole club up to date with planning and budget decisions.
Council is made up of the Club Officers plus up to six elected members (usually committee chairs) including webmaster.
Committee chairmen and Bulletin editor attend Council Meetings to give reports and contribute to discussions. Other Club members may attend meetings as required.
The current committees are International, Community Projects, Youth, Fundraising, Social, Rotary Foundation, Administration.
Council normally meets bi-monthly prior to Club business meetings (ie 6 times a year).
Click here to read a Summary of Last Years Activities pdf.
Council Minutes available in the members section.