Rotary Club of Burgess Hill & District
Home | Community & Vocational
COMMUNITY & VOCATIONAL COMMITTEE
It is the responsibility of the Community and Vocational Committee to ensure Rotarians within the club recognise the worthiness of all business and professions in the local community and uphold the Declaration of Rotarians in this respect. The committee is also charged with ensuring that Rotary is a provider of service to the community of Burgess Hill and adjoining villages.By identifying needs within the community, the Community and Vocational Committee uses club members' skills to implement the following programme of service and support for people of all ages: -
- Provide financial assistance to organisations and members of the community to promote health and well being within the population, reduce hardship and promote personal development.
- Transport and recreational visits for the elderly and those with disabilities; visits to football matches; 'Kids Out' Day (visit to Chessington World of Adventures for underprivileged children).
- Young Achiever Awards for employees, aged 16 – 21, of local firms.
- Mock Job Interviews at local secondary schools.
- Stroke Awareness Day (including providing facilities for blood pressure testing) to promote well being within the community.
Provide free transport and Christmas Lunches for people alone at Christmas
annual Community and Vocational Awards to individuals who have made an
outstanding contribution within the community of Burgess Hill and District.