Community & Vocational Project Group
Serving the local community.
The Community and Vocational Project Group (C&VPG) provides service and activities across both the local community and the wider afield by way of hands on involvement in addition to small monetary donations to local charities and organisations which provide their own charitable services within Harrogate and District.
The Rotary Club of Harrogate has recorded a number of major achievements during its history including:
- founding the Harrogate Society for the Blind (now known as Vision Support Harrogate District),
- creating a holiday camp for disadvantaged people,
- creating an orphans refuge,
- forming the Harrogate Boys Club,
- creating Harrogate Flower fund, and
- running numerous other community and vocational projects.
Following the Rotary philosophy of ‘Service before Self’ the C&VPG has built upon past achievements and more recently been active in:
- providing transport for elderly people to a variety of regular and ad hoc events within the Harrogate Council for Voluntary Service,
- marshalling one off events including the Olympic Torch relay and the Tour de France peloton in Harrogate,
- delivering meals on wheels to elderly people.
Currently the C&VPG:
- provide a day out to Light Water Valley for children with disabilities as part of a Rotary District initiative,
- provide car park marshalling for the ‘Big Picnic’ in the Valley Gardens,
- organise the car parking for Saint Michael’s Hospice ‘Light up for Life’ Christmas event,
- contribute to marshalling for the Harrogate International Youth Festival parade every Easter Saturday,
- run the Harrogate Christmas Window competition,
- contribute to marshalling the Knaresborough Bed Race,
- mount a fund raising community collection in Morrisons at Christmas,
- provide volunteers to welcome visitors to the annual Christmas market in Harrogate, and
- donate monies to some local community and vocational charities.
For further information about C&VPG activities contact Alistair Ratcliffe, Rotary Club of Harrogate, care of Ascot House, 53 Kings Road, Harrogate, HG1 5HJ or Complete the email contact form below.