The members of the Council are voted in each year at the AGM, and their remit is to ensure the efficient running of the Club throughout the year. It comprises the Principal Officers of the Club as well as elected members taking various roles:
The roles of the Council include:
- Strategic planning of Club policies and activities.
- Reviewing the programme and policies of the Club to ensure effective implementation and continued relevance.
- Preparing the budget for Club approval and monitoring on a monthly basis.
- Considering potential candidates for membership - Informing the proposer of a decision regarding membership, through the Club secretary, within 30 days.
- Considering new and creative ways to promote the Object of Rotary.
- Assessing current trends in the community and the world and evaluating how the Club can pursue its goals in regard to these trends.
- Deciding such committees as may be considered necessary, subject to Club approval.
- Keeping the whole club up to date with planning and budget decisions.
- Reflecting RI, RIBI and District objectives and policies in Club activity.
The Council Minutes are available for viewing on the website's members' section. For more information on all this please feel free to contact us.