Youth and Community
What we do to support youth activities in the community
The Youth and Community are responsible for ensuring that we suport our local schools and local community organisations.
- Identifying and being responsive to the needs of organisations and individuals within the community( particularly those at a perceived disadvantage) and working in partnership with other bodies where appropriate to address these needs
- Participating in Rotary District or National campaigns where appropriate to the remit of the Committee eg in the areas of health, education or the environment
- Broadening the vocational horizons of Club members through information visits or other activities
- Promoting the image of Rotary within the community in fulfilling the Committee remit
- involving all Club members wherever possible in projects and activities undertaken
We are actively involved with the local schools in the area. Each year we engage with the schools to support fund raising for a Rotary sponsored international project. In the past these have included: Jaipur Limbs, Mary's Meals, Nepal Trust Little Doctors and Mercy ShipsWe also organise a number of competitions for the schools that include:
- Young Musician of the Year for Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Primary school quiz.
- Public Speaking Competition
- Party in the Park - handing out wrist bands for children at Bathgate's music festival
- Rotating books - books are left in public places to be read and returned
- Kids Out - support our local special needs school to attend event and help with a stall