Rotary Club of Blackpool Palatine
Home | Community and Vocational
Community and Vocational Committee Objectives from July 2011 to July 2012.
The Community Service and Vocational committee will continue to support several organisations from last year such as Home Start (Chris Bailey), Trinity Hospice (Brian Oldroyd), The Blind society Talking Newspapers (Len Hamer) Age UK presentations (Neil Flanagan) and look to develop several new projects inviting all members of the club to participate along the way.
The emphasis is towards local adults.
We have committee members with expertise in particular areas, such as Addiction Rehabilitation, Mental Health and The Criminal Justice System. We should capitalise on their expertise to develop projects in these areas and hopefully also look to applying for Simplified Matching Grants.
1. ADS (Addiction Dependency Solutions) Mock Interviews. £ ?/Service
2. Mental Health Project. £ 500/Service
3. Restorative Justice. £ 500
4. Calvert Trust Outward Bound Candidate. £ 520
5. Home Start (general support). £ 1,000/Service
6. NW Air Ambulance. £ 750
7. Trinity Hospice (Brian Oldroyd Houndshill collection). Collection
8. Talking Newspaper (Len Hamer). Service
9. Age UK (Blackpool) – Presentations (Neil Flanagan) £ ?/service
10. The Rock Opportunity Centre. £ ?/service
11. Downs Syndrome (Local). £ 500/Service
12. Christmas Food parcels. £ 850
13. Alzheimer's. £ ? /Service
14. Planting project. £ ??
15. Blackpool Deaf Society. £ ?/service
16. Fylde Coast Women's Aid and Refuge. £ ??
TOTAL = £ 4,620