Rotary Club of Kirkcaldy
Home | International Projects
The Rotary Club of Kirkcaldy supports various projects around the world.
The Mission of the International Service Section is to enable Rotarians to promote world understanding and peace through World Community Service and Rotary Friendship Programmes by Rotarians and Rotary Clubs across the world, through Informing, motivating and supporting Districts and Clubs in RIBI in their efforts to:
- support humanitarian programmes of the Rotary International and in particular, support programmes associated with the Presidential areas of emphases, including Water, Sanitation, Health concerns, Poverty reduction strategies and Literacy promotion
- promote projects between Clubs and Districts in RIBI with those in overseas countries, encouraging hands on efforts, international cooperation and fellowship
- respond to disaster relief efforts and rebuilding processes following natural disasters.
- build and sustain international friendship and service through the Rotary Fellowships and Rotarian Action Groups.
- promote International Service Projects, including those associated with the web based publication." Opportunities to Serve". The projects will be classified as Core projects, RIBI approved projects and Charity accredited projects
- Supporting and contributing to the International Development Programmes of the UN, in partnership with Governmental Agencies such as the Department for International Development (DfID), and other NGO's in the programmes associated with the Millennium Development Goals (MDG's) of the UN.
- Liaising and collaborating with other programmes within the RIBI such as Membership Development, The Rotary Foundation, Youth Services, Community and Vocational Development and Communication within and outside of Rotary, in an organisation of joined up Rotary demonstrating that Rotary Shares.
- Adapting and conforming to the RI strategic goals, in relation to the programmes in Clubs and Districts in RIBI.
- Supporting RI president and RIBI president ,in their aims for International Service.
"When Rotarians are confronted with problems too large to contemplate, they start small and keep going
build bridges that last" --- Wilfrid Wilkinson, President Rotary International 2007-08.