Internationally, we've raised monies to support:
- Shelterboxes & Aquaboxes, distributed by Rotary across the world to peoples in need.
- Clean Water projects through WaterAid
- Longer term projects in under-developed countries through charities inc' Send a Cow, Hope & Homes for Children and Mercy Ships.
- End Polio Now - Rotary's drive with the World Health Organisation and the Gates Foundation to eliminate the last pockets of polio, many in areas of strife and to prevent any resergance of this terrible disease. In common with most club's we continue to support this with funds.
The charitable trust fund of Rotary International, its mission to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and pease through the improvement of health, the support of education and the alleviation of poverty.
Projects cover one or more of the six Areas of Focus:Projects
- Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
- Disease prevention and treatment.
- Maternal and child health
- Basic education and literacy
- Water and Sanitation
- Economic and community development
The Rotary Foundation provides grants to support projects in both the local community and overseas, a condition being that they must have direct involvement of Rotarians.