What we do to help our local community
Being part of Rotary involves more than just giving something back to the community; it’s about you personally playing a part in helping it to prosper and making some great friends along the way.
Here in Storrington, Pulborough and district, Rotary’s community outreach is well known and respected. We regularly support:
- Village film nights - monthly showing of some of the latest hit movies
- Events for the elderly and those in isolation enabling them to enjoy leisure activities
- Storrington Bank Holiday Car Boot Sales
- Christmas and special appeal collections meeting local and international needs
- Family Fun Day - a fun event for children with special needs from around the county
- Sport for the Disabled
- Our young people’s ambitions and leadership development projects through local schools
- Village Days - community family events across the district
and Internationally we...
- Collect donations from the generous folk of Storrington and Pulborough district to support needy people and stricken parts of the world
- Send Rotary Aquaboxes and Shelterboxes to worldwide disaster regions to save many lives
- Support Rotary’s ‘End Polio Now’ project that has almost eradicated this disease worldwide
- Give cash and practical support to help build and sustain a school in Kilolo, Tanzania
- Sponsor children’s education in rural Africa
All this and much, much more.