Opening Doors to a Brighter Future (careers event for teenagers)
Careers event on Wed 17 Jan 2018 offering the best advice for 13 - 17 year olds about vocational opportunities. If university is not for you, but you still want a challenging and rewarding career, then this event will help you decide what to do.
Do you know what you want to do when you leave education? Are you:
- Thinking about what career you would like to follow.
- Undecided about what subjects and exams to take.
- Unsure about what vocational opportunities might be open to you.
Then this event is just for you! You will have the chance to:
- Meet representatives from a broad spectrum of vocations, including business employers, professional organisations, government services and colleges of further education.
- Listen to inspirational leaders and learn about work ethics and the benefits of becoming part of a hands-on work team.
- Talk about the wide range of employment opportunities that may be open to you, from apprenticeships to starting your own business.
- Understand how things happen in the real world and learn how to exploit opportunities to gain an advantage.