The Tree Of Lights 2015
Fri 21st November 2014 at 18.00 - Wed 6th January 2016 - 23.00
2015 will be even bigger and better an event than last year!
The tree will be lit at 6pm on 20th November 2015 and will be lit up every evening from dusk to midnight until the 6th January 2016 with light bulbs dedicated to a loved one or special event.
On the switch on, there will be folk singing and merriment as well as an address from the Worshipful Mayor of Calderdale Councillor Lisa Lambert and consort (see photos from last year's event in our photo galleries)
Funds raised will buy an external defibrillator for Sowerby Bridge. We now have a BT donate page specifically for this event: https://mydonate.bt.com/events/treeoflights2015/254592
The dedications are now starting to come in:
- In loving memory of a great Dad and Grandad - The Chatts
- We are all thinking of Tudor, our Son / Brother / Friend, particularly at this time of year. Gone but never forgotten - see you in the next world, and don't be late! :) - Anonymous
For last year's event, we would also like to thank the following sponsors:
- Sowerby Bridge Rush Bearing
- Trinkette Sowerby Bridge
- Deli Belge Sowerby Bridge
- Whitakers Opticians Sowerby Bridge
- The Village Restaurant Sowerby Bridge
- The Sportsman Inn Greetland
- Pediware Halifax
- Coversure Insurance Sowerby Bridge
- Mrs Highley
- Mr Ken Forsyth
Some Frequently Asked Questions:
Where will The Tree Of Lights be?
The Rotary Club of Sowerby Bridge Tree of Lights is the huge, beautiful ash tree located in the car park of The Village Restaurant in Sowerby bridge.
When will The Tree Of Lights be switched on?
6pm on Friday 20th November 2015 and will remain lit until Twelfth Night.
Where will I be able to see my dedication?
A 'Book of Remembrance' will be on view at Sowerby Bridge Library and there will be a dedicated webpage (above) accessed from this website which you will be able to view or direct your family or friends to.