Youth Speaks Competition 2016
Tue 19th January 2016 at 18.00 - 22.00
The Rotary Club of Aldershot will once again, be running our RIBI (Rotary in Britain and Ireland) Youth Speaks competition next year.
The Rotary Club of Aldershot will once again, be running our RIBI (Rotary in Britain and Ireland) Youth Speaks competition next year. 19th January 2016 at Rushmoor Borough Council Chambers, arrival time 1800 for 1830 start.
Aims - This challenging / exciting competition offers young people, via a Rotary club:
· Experience in speaking on a public platform as a member of a team
· An incentive to formulate ideas on topical subjects
· Discipline in dealing with a topic in a limited time
· The opportunity of learning and practicing high standards of expression, presentation and appearance
· Impartial feedback and assessment of performance by experienced adjudicators
Who can take part?
This competition is open to teams of three students in full time education in two age groups:
Intermediate 11 to 13 years
Senior 14 to 17 years
With the age qualifying date of 31 August 2015, it should be noted that intermediate entrants may be 14 and senior entrants 18 at the time of some or all stages of the competitions e.g. a competitor who is 17 on 31st August but turns 18 on 1st September is allowed to enter. We have printed guidelines and there are certificates, trophies and vouchers awarded.
Initial enquiries please to Rotarian Betty McClure: firstname.lastname@example.org