What do we do with money raised?
We aim to improve lives by supporting worthwhile projects, local and further afield. See details below
The Rotary Club of Eccleshall Mercia wishes to thank the generous people of Eccleshall and district for their support. Since July 2012 funds raised from local residents though our Santa’s Sleigh Collections, ‘Hook a Duck’ Stand, street collections and other fund raising.
This has enabled us to support:
- Over 20 local projects totalling £6,700, including
- Defibrillator at Parish Rooms Eccleshall £1,312
- 5 schools projects totalling £1,662 inc. Walton Hall School Inclusion Unit
- Dictionaries for Life” for schoolchildren £1,260
- Donna Louise Trust £550
- 3 Local clubs supported £1,060
- Smile Fund for needy people £290
- 4 International Disaster appeals including the Philippines Typhoon and the Nepal Earthquake totalling £4,600 (The majority of the amounts contributed to these disaster appeals came from specific street collections for each disaster made by the general public)
- Rotary ‘End Polio Now’ appeal,which is close to ending the misery of polio, donations totalling £1,277
Do you have a local project needing some funds? If so please contact our President, Alex Cairns-Lawrence