What does the Community Service Committee do at Rotary Liverpool South.
Community Service - the third Avenue of Service, comprises
varied efforts that members make, sometimes in conjunction with others,
to improve the quality of life of those who live within this club’s
locality or municipality.
Community Service Chairperson is a member of Club Council and Reports directly to Club Council.
The Community Service Chairperson for 2017-18 is Rotarian Ray Wong.
Community Service arranges:
- Rotary Liverpool South Carol Wagon which walks the
streets at Christmas and tours South Liverpool collecting ofr Rotary and
Charitable Purposes. We also collect at static collections in local
superstores, again for Rotary and Charitable Purposes.
- Pre-Christmas Concert to get everyone in the mood for Christmas.
- Helpers and transport for disabled persons to attend the Rotary Disabled Games in Chester in September each year.
- Visits to schools.
- Supply of Osbourne Dictionaries each year to selected schools in South Liverpool.
- Supply of Osbourne Dictionaries to local prisons.
- Helpers at the Garston Fun Day each year.
- Blood Pressure Testing Day each year at a local supermarket in
conjunction with Student Nurses from the Student Mentoring Service at
Liverpool John Moores University.
- Other events within the local area to promote Rotary and Liverpool Garston Rotary Club.
For full details of what Community Service has going on during the year check out the Website Programme or have a look at previous years to see what the Club has done.