OUR COMPLIANCE POLICIES
Our Compliance and Privacy Policies in respect of our Charitable and Community Activities.
|RIBI Compliance Statement 2016/2017
RCWE is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. RCWE may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st November 2016.
What we collect: We may collect the following information: Names of entrants and participants in events organised by RCWE and of individuals, organisations and businesses making enquiries of such events.
Vehicle details of entrants to events organised by RCWE. (only where relevant; for example. for organising the vehicle rallies in association with The Prince Philip Trust Fund). contact information including postal and e-mail addresses, stall-holder information such as products/services offered, other information relevant to customer surveys.
What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons. Management of the club and its events.
Internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. With your prior permission, we may periodically send promotional material by post or emails about RCWE organised events, such as the vehicle rallies and Summer Fayre, using the postal or e-mail address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use the information you have provided to contact you to promote a RCWE event. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website and events according to your interests. You can unsubscribe from any contact list at any time.
Protection: In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
personal information: You may choose
to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following
& Other Events: Personal information
collected for the Summer Fayre and other events, will only be used for
administrative purposes and to inform you about the event and other RCWE events.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to the Secretary as soon as possible. He will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Address: Secretary, Rotary Club of Windsor & Eton, 24 Clewer Park, Windsor, SL4 5HB.
Windsor and Eton Rotary Club
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and this policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that your provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
· information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by corresponding with us by email or otherwise;
· if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
· information you have made publicly available on networking website, such as LinkedIn, to contact you
· Your IP Address information
· the details of your vehicles, including registration numbers where you have entered an event (such as a vehicle rally) organised by the Windsor and Eton Rotary club
· details of your products or services where you have entered an event (such as the summer fair) as a stallholder
· Information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on our website or otherwise, for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them.
When you visit our website, we may automatically collect additional information about your electronic device, such as the type of internet browser and operating system you use, any website from which you have come to our website and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server, for system administration. This information is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our website and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
When you interact with our website, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit our website, we use small text files called ‘cookies’ which are stored on your browser or hard drive of your computer to assist in personalising your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant and of interest to you and to help us improve our website. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer. Some cookies we use are essential for the website to operate.
Interact, Rotakids and under 18’s data
We do not collect information from under 18’s. Interact and Rotakids clubs are managed through the identified Rotarian member contact by the schools in which these clubs operate.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Uses made of your information
We will use this information in order to manage the affairs of the Windsor and Eton Rotary club, its members, associate members, and its social activities and fundraising events, and to improve our services.
We may send promotional material by post or emails about events which the Windsor and Eton Rotary club is organising using the information which you have provided to us. In particular:
· We will prepare a Rotary Club handbook with full details of the members which will be printed and distributed to each of the members which we will use in order to communicate with members in managing the affairs of the club.
· We may use the information you have provided to advertise and promote the event, and in order to communicate with you for the purposes of organising the event, both in the current year and in a subsequent year.
· In addition and where appropriate, we may use information that you have provided to advertise and/or promote the event. We may, with your prior consent, publish information that you have provided in promotional material.
We may disclose the information you have provided to any member of the Windsor and Eton Rotary Club or a volunteer involved in organising a club event.
· The information you have provided as members may be shared with the wider organisation of Rotary comprising Rotary International, the Rotary foundation, Rotary International in Great Britain and Ireland, the Rotary foundation, United Kingdom, and the RIBI donations trust for the purposes of your membership or donations. However, the Rotary will process your data in accordance with the RIBI privacy notice.
· We may disclose the information you have provided to the trustees of the Prince Philip Trust Fund where the club is organising an event in support of that fund. In that event the fund will process your data in accordance with its own privacy notice, which can be found at this link. https://theprincephiliptrustfund.org/privacy-policy/
We will never commercially sell your personal data to anyone else.
We will only ever share your personal data in other circumstances, not listed above, if we have your explicit and informed consent at the time of collection. However, we may need to disclose your details if required to the police, other agencies, for example HMRC, regulatory bodies or our legal advisors.
We ensure that there are appropriate physical and technical controls in place to protect your personal details.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information that we hold to ensure that your personal information is only accessible by appropriate staff, Rotary members.
We have a duty to report certain types of personal data breaches to the relevant supervisory authority, and where feasible, we will do this within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach. If a breach is detected and likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting you, we will inform you without undue delay.
Your personal information will be hosted securely within the UK
How long we retain your information
There are statutory timescales on how long we should keep your information, for example, gift aid transactions must be retained indefinitely, and financial records must be kept for 7 years, and information associated with Health & Safety for three years after an event, or according to guidance issued by the Information Commissioner. Subject to those requirements, we will only keep your information for so long as we need it for the purposes we have outlined in this notice .In particular:
· Members information will be kept so long as members remain members of the Windsor and Eton Rotary club
· Information provided in connection with recurring events will only be kept to the purpose of arranging the event in a subsequent year. Information provided for one-off events will be destroyed upon completion of that event.
The right to be informed of the identity of our data controller together with his contact details and the following information:-
· the right to request access to the data
· the right to request that the accuracy of the data be corrected
· the right to request erasure of the data
· the right to withdraw consent to the collection and use of the data at any time
· the right to request that the data should not be processed, except that this right does not extend to storage of the data for the period within which it needs to be stored for the purposes it has been collected or received
· the right to request that the data be transferred to another controller
· the right to make a complaint to the supervisory authority
Any request must be made in writing to the secretary of the Windsor and Eton Rotary club.
Changes to this privacy notice
We may change this privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will make this clear on our website or by notifying you directly.
8th of May 2018