Sun 22nd April 2018
Making a Difference: One Rotarian - one tree planted
Support the President's Initiative
RI President Ian Riseley has challenged all 1.2 million Rotarians to make a difference by planting a tree before Earth Day on 22nd April 2018.
To help this challenge, Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland President Denis Spiller has secured the valuable help of our good friends at the , the UK’s largest conservation charity. The charity is delighted to support Rotary by supplying trees and advice to make sure the saplings have the best chance of survival.
If all Rotary members here in Great Britain and Ireland take part, over 47,000 trees will be planted. That’s the equivalent of a forest the size of a hundred football pitches springing up!
The Rotary Model as Strategy for Tree Planting
- Connect with partners
- Build on the interest and relationships in your club
- Share your expertise, and your success
- Involve the community
- Have fun!
Rotary clubs - next steps
- Prepare your club with advice from the Woodland Trust and place your order.
- Invite local groups, businesses and members of the public to help with tree-planting events.
- Check the and take part.
- Prize – will be offered to the club which best takes on the challenge. Your club could win £250, thanks to the generosity and support of the Rodney Huggins Family Trust.
- Check planting advice pages
Note: When ordering trees, there are two delivery dates;and . Applications for a November delivery must be submitted by the first week of September 2017. For March deliveries, please apply by the first week of January 2018.
Please visit the RIBI website Rotary Tree Challenge
Please visit the Environmental Sustainability Rotarian Action Group website and download a brochure