2017 Quiz Night - A Great Success
Our 2017 Quiz & Curry Night with BBC Weather presenter Holly Green as our Question Master was a roaring success.thumbnail view
In what was one of the closest quiz nights we have had in a long time, the Plympton Rotary Club team, under the banner "WFC" came out on top this year - the first time a club team has won our own quiz night.
There where some tough questions set such as:
1) Who with a connection to Plymouth, is England RUgby's most capped player?
2) The lady who is sure, all that glitters is gold is buying what?
3) Who has won more Grand Slam Tennis titles - Andy or Jamie Murray?
BBC Weather Presenter Holly Green was our Question Master and did a fantastic job keeping everyne in check and saw three teams in contention going into the final round.
The night was raising funds for the Rotary End POlio campaign and with the raffle saw just over £250 raised.
Our thanks must also go to Boringdon Park Golf Club who laid on a great selection of curries for us to enjoy.
The answers by the way...
1) Rochelle "Rocky" Clark from the England LADIES Rugby team who went to Marjons here in Plymouth
2) A Stairway to Heaven
3) Jamie Murray who has won 4 Doubles/Mixed Doubles titles to Andy's three Single Grand Slam titles.