Supporting local charities, groups and non-profit organisations
Whilst the Rotary Club of Medway supports a number of high profile charities, there are a large number of local charities, groups, and organisations in our own community that we do not necessarily know about which could benefit from a relatively small sum of money awarded to them for a specific purpose. A grant from our Community Chest could make all the difference as to whether a community project happens or not.
We invite applications from local charities, groups, projects, etc in the Medway area that are there to serve the local community, to bid for sums of money up to a maximum value of £250.
There are a few simple requirements which must be met to qualify for funding:
- Applicants should be non-profit making. (If possible be a registered charity, or attached or associated to one)
- Have a bank account in the name of the group
- The request must be for a specific thing/s they need such as equipment or trips
- The money requested cannot be an addition to a larger fund, but must be for a specific item. (This can be a distinct part of a larger project)
- The minimum funding is £50 and the maximum is £250 per grant
- Your organisation must not have received a Medway Rotary Club Grant in the previous year.
Once the applications have been received, a panel of Rotarians will look through and decide which groups benefit based on which causes they feel are most deserving and reflect the needs of the local community.