Small Grants Scheme (Up to £100)
Tue 1st January 2019 - Tue 31st December 2019
Small Grants Scheme
The services offered by small community and voluntary organisations, and those just starting out, can often be limited because of lack of basic funds. The Rotary Club of Ormskirk Clocktower raises funds each year from a variety of activities and has decided to offer grants of up to £100 each to small organisations in the voluntary, community and faith sector based primarily in Ormskirk , Skelmersdale, Burscough and environs.
Eligibility for funding:-
* Grants will be up to £100 in value and will generally favour small projects where the amount makes a significant impact on the applicant organisation
* Must be a properly constituted group, have a bank account in the name of the organisation and have appointed officers
* Projects to be funded must be clearly defined and separate from general operational or running costs
* Projects must demonstrate benefit to the local community
* Projects must not be for things that are funded by statute
* Organisations which have been successful previously can apply again
Grant must be only spent on the purpose for which it was given. If, for any reason, there is a need to vary the way in which the grant is to be spent, written permission to do so must be obtained before starting.
Where a grant is not used within 12 months from the date it was offered, notification of this should be given in writing to the Rotary Club otherwise the grant offer will lapse. Any unused portion of the grant funding must be returned to the Rotary Club.
The Rotary Club Ormskirk Clocktower should be acknowledged on all printed publicity and in information given to the Press and media.
All successful applicants are required to (a) confirm receipt of the award promptly by email and (b) within a month of completion of their project, provide feedback in the form of a short summary of the way the award was used and its benefit to their organisation/project. The feedback should be accompanied by one or more photographs for possible publication.
Organisations that wish to apply are asked to complete a short, application form (attached) which is to be signed by the chairperson or officer of the group and returned to Rotary Club (email below).
Please email email@example.com