Wed 3rd April 2019 at 07.15 - 08.30
At the Stragglers
A great meeting today- welcoming 8 new Rotarians!
- 18 people present. Paul Hughes Chair of meeting but it will now be passed over to Jim Lewis as Chair of the group and Lauren will be doing these updates/acting as secretary to help Jim where needed.
- Welcomed as Rotarians:
- Peter Fox
- Neil Rossiter
- Evelyn Adfield
- Caroline Thorne
- Lee Cleaves
- Miles Orr
- Jim Lewis
- Martin Davies
- Current President of the club, Keith Bigwood, spoke to welcome the new members and to remind us of the purpose of Rotary/like-minded people and the good for the community.
- Steven Wray proudly shared with us the fact that Evelyn (of Porter Dodson) is doing the London Marathon (well done Evelyn) for VICTA (Visually Impaired Children Taking Action) and asked graciously for any sponsorship.
- Kathryn talked about Moonraker (Sat 5 October) and asked for any volunteers.
- Kathryn also reminded the breakfast members that if they wanted to get involved in any of the evening club events then they were more than welcome and could “ sign up” to come along. This would be on a ‘pay as you go’ basis. The main club schedule will be circulated to the breakfast members too (next evening meeting is Monday 8th April at Oake Manor Golf Club and is an SGM/Business meeting at Oake Manor Golf Club 7pm for 7.30pm start)
- Paul talked about Halcon and gave a brief update.
- Keith reminded us of the annual Charity Golf Day at Oake Manor on 4th July- asking for teams and any hole sponsorship.