Learn more about becoming a Rotarian & what we do
Rotary is where neighbours, friends, and problem-solvers share ideas, join leaders and take action to create lasting change.
Rotary unites more than a million people
Together, we see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Buckingham Rotary is a group of ordinary men and women who aim to make an extraordinary difference. In Buckingham, our club raises thousands of pounds each year for local charities, and for major projects worldwide.
Buckingham Rotarians have:
- Run numerous small, medium and large scale events to raise money for local and international projects and charitable causes (see our Charities commission financial report)
- Have raised countless times tens of thousands of pounds for local and international projects
- Volunteered their time to help with local projects
To join us at a future meeting please contact the club secretary on this linkRotary as a worldwide organisation (with support from local Buckingham events) have:
- Given over 16 MILLION volunteer hours each year
- 2.5 BILLION children immunized against polio
- Sneaking into Boko Haram’s back yard to rescue girls
- Providing Clean Water by implementing sustainable, long-term programs to improve water supplies, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Help to fund entrepreneurs - Using microloans, mentorship, and business education