Buttsbury RotaKids 2019 Achievements
Each Year we host our two RotaKids Clubs at Quilters and Buttsbury Junior Schools so they can present their achievements. This was Buttsbury Junior School's presentation.thumbnail view
For Children in Need, the RSPCA and Much More
We never fail to wonder at the enthusiasm, efforts and presentations by our RotaKids. So a week after Quilters impressed us, we were staggered when the Core 5, the RotaKids Officers all from Year 6 at Buttsbury Junior School were our lunch guests accompanied by team leader teacher, Lauren Pretty and head teacher, Ann Robinson.
Their core 5 officers, President Adam Havis, Vice-President Lucy Harbrau, Secretary Isla Joyce, Treasurer Maddie Clarke and PR Olivia Smith each outlined in turn their projects and achievements for the past year:
- Children in Need - designing/ selling Pudsey Bear merchandise
- Selling tickets for our club’s Grand Raffle Christmas Draw
- Red Nose Day - Raising £412.38 on March
- Major bake sale for the Kenya Ciamanda schools project
- All pupils involved in raising money for Dementia Friends
On top of all this, they undertook:
- Community Art Project – working with local artist and the Billericay Community Trust. Theme – The Future is Bright. A presentation of the school history and their plans for 2019-20
- Pupil Voice: A major project when the Rotakids teams visit other schools in the area to explain what they do and what all pupils should consider as the right way to approach life.
- Raised a magnificent £2,419 for their chosen charity, the RSPCA, with a sponsored marathon hoop challenge.......... (see report elsewhere on this website)
- …....and a further £73.50 from their Magic Ice Cream stall at the Rotary Club of Mayflower’s Summerfest on July 7
Tribute was paid to RotaKids Leader Lauren Pretty who is moving within the school to another teaching post and Youth Officer, Mike Sinclair thanked the pupils. “We all say thank you for an excellent presentation and congratulate you on a splendid year.”
Assistant DG, Dave Eagles and District Youth Services Chairman added their compliments for a great presentation.
Youth Chairman Mike presented the school with a contribution of £125 to their costs (50%) of attending the District RotaKids Convention (see report in June Newsletter)