Rotary International District 1180
- District Conference 2013
- Rotary Training Talk
- Requests for Help or Information
- New members' area
- Ideas for Recruitment
- Club Extension
- Rotary Foundation
- New Polio Officer for D 1180
- tri for Life team
- Global Vaccine Summit 24 April 2013
- Help Rotary win the Fight againstPolio
- Add a Bloom to your Fundraising
- World Polio Day
- Rotary challenges world’s governments to target polio
- See Rotary's BBC Broadcasts again..!
- MP's support Rotary's efforts to eradicate Polio
- This Close...!
- End Polio Now March 2011
- Mitch Biba's Band raise funds to End Polio Now
- End Polio Now RI Foundation Newsletter May 2010
- Polio Plus Concert with Mitch Biba's Big Band
- Help Eradicate Polio
- Matt Mitchell recently awarded a PhD
- Rotary Ambassadorial Scholar of 2007 Etsuko Matsunaga
- Sarah Wyatt arrives early September 2012 to commence at LSTM
- Ambassadorial Scholar Alyson Lofthouse to study at LSTM
- Ambassadorial Scholar Hiroki to study at Bangor University
- The Purpose of Ambassadorial Scholarships
Rotary Foundation Programmes
- TRF Application and Contribution Forms
- Planning a project
- Districts and The Rotary Foundation
- Foundation Grants
- Rotary Foundation - Who we work with!
- The New Rotary Grants Explained
- World Water Day 22 March 2013
- The Permanent Fund
- Watch a Video to see how TRF helps in the world
- Rotarian Action Groups (RAGS)
- Consider making a year end Contribution to the TRF
- District TRF Committee Manual 2011-12
- Where do your Rotary Foundation Contributions go..?
- Foundation is now accepting Matching and DSG applications
- Pwllheli RC "Make a Difference" with a District Simplified Grant
- Chester RC "Making a Difference" with a Matching Grant..!
- Humanitarian Grants
- A Sum to be Proud of $155.000! by C Winstanley
- The Permanent Fund
- Foundation help for Clubs - Update
- Call for Rotary Peace Fellow Applications!
- Sustaining Members
- Dr Ben Rees of Liverpool Rotary Club
- Rotarians celebrate 108 years of Rotary
- Saltillo Matching Grant Project
- Wasrag Water and Sanitation Rotarian Action Group
- Frequently asked Questions.??????
- Club Memorandum of Understanding
- Rotary partners with UNESCO-IHE
- Rotary Foundation partners with Mercy Ships
- Changes you should Know about the new Rotary Year
- EREY Rotary Foundation Newsletter MayJune 2011
- Young Rotary
- Rotary Projects respond to Japan Disaster
- Humanitarian Grants News
- Every Rotarian Every Year
- Washington Post article on Polio Eradication
- The Rotary Foundation Annual Report 2012-13
GSE Reports Home Page
- GSE Tales of the Amazon 2012
- D1180 GSE Team help Orphanage in Brazil
- "Tales from the Amazon" at Rhos on Sea RC
- "Tales of the Amazon" at Maghull and Aughton RC
- "Tales of the Amazon" at Flint and Holywell RC
- "Tales of the Amazon" at Southport Links RC
- "Tales of the Amazon" at Llan -Penn RC
- "Tales of the Amazon" at Royden Revolve RC
- GSE Outward Bound Team to Brazil Presentation
- GSE Brazil Outgoing UK Team
- GSE Brazil Team 2011
- Travel to Brazil with Rotary District 1180
- GSE Japan Team at Llan-Pen Charter 14 May 2010
- GSE Team from Japan at Mawdach Rotary Club
- Welcome to GSE Team Japan
- Meet the GSE Team from Japan arriving 2 May 2010
- GSE Team 2009/10 back from Japan!
- GSE Team Outward Bound to Japan and Blog
- Pre-Departure Presentation by GSE Team leaving for Japan
- GSE to Japan
- Philippine Team in 1180
- GSE 1180 Team in the Philippines Blog
- Four weeks with Rotary in Japan
- All Girl Team to the Philippines
- GSE Team from New Zealand
- GSE in the Philippines
- Welcome NZ Team
- GSE Team to New Zealand
- Visitors from West Virginia
- All Girl Team to West Virginia
- GSE Final Report from Sridar
- My GSE Experience, by Ritu
Rotary World Peace Scholars
- Robert Sijstermans Class X Peace Scholar
- Rotary World of Understanding Month
- Peace Chair Update 2013 Peace Fellows Selected
- Class XI Member Esther King
- Peace Scholar at District Council
- Oswestry RC Sponsor Phill Gittins Peace Scholar
- A Rotary Peace Scholar's report on Thailand
- What makes the "perfect" Rotary Peace Scholar..?
- Rotary Peace Centres Major Gift Initiative
- Rotary Peace Fellowship Recruitment
- Rotary Peace Scholars Major Gifts Initiative
- Rotary Peace Centers Public Service Announcements
- International Service
- Community & Vocational Service
- New Generations / Youth Services
Home | Rotary Foundation Programmes | A Sum to be Proud of $155.000! by C Winstanley
A SUM TO BE PROUD OF !!
That's the value of Matching Grant and District Simplified Grant Projects carried out by District 1180 Clubs in this current Rotary Year 2009 / 2010.
They have been financed by our ROTARY FOUNDATION, supported by District 1180 Designated Funds and of course our Clubs, all 20 of those who applied !!
The funds used for these schemes have been available purely as a result of the contributions made by our Clubs to the Foundation Annual Programmes Fund, plus, of course, those made by Clubs across the Rotary World. Our Clubs contributed $49,000 from their charity accounts to these schemes, which must be seen as additional to all those cheques sent to various international humanitarian projects across the world, including all the international disasters.
Our own charity, the ROTARY FOUNDATION…….donated $106,000 compared to the Clubs $49,000. Surely even the sceptics amongst us can see from those figures, that our donations sent to the Foundation are indeed returned to us…with considerable interest added ! And it could be available to you…….but you do need to ask.
This current year has been exceptionally difficult for the Foundation and funds for matching grants ran out at the end of August. The only forecast being made for next year is that funds should last longer than they did this year…..but not by much. To those Clubs who have not yet asked, please consider doing so. Choose your project, check with me that it is eligible for a grant and prepare your application for submission on 1st. July. That worked for us this year and hopefully will do so again next year.
But remember, whether your Club makes an application or not, we are all expected to make our contributions to the Annual Programmes Fund, for it is only by all of our Clubs doing so, that humanitarian grant awards can be made. BUT YOU MUST ASK !!
Dist. Grants Chairman.
Tel. 01824 703785. e-mail:- colin.winstanley @yahoo.co.uk