Rotary International District 1180
Home | Minutes | NOTES OF MEETING OF MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & RETENTION COMMITTEE HELD ON 11TH OCTOBER 2011
NOTES OF MEETING OF MEMBERSHIP DEVELOPMENT & RETENTION COMMITTEE HELD ON 11TH OCTOBER 2011
Present: Jayne Middleton (Chair), Hon Sec Gerry Heaslip, Elfed Evans, Peter Hughes.
1. Apologies: DG John McDowall, IPDG Gwyn Dryhurst-Dodd (Extension), DGE Roger Heath, Vicki Hawes, Shirley Hunter and Beryl Cotton
2. Minutes of the meeting held on 5th July were signed as true record. Arising from these, Jayne reported that she has now set up the Membership egroup and has used it to contact clubs
3. Membership issues: since 1st July District has had 37 new members and lost 15 (update – now 39 and 16). Very much 2 steps forward and 1 back
4. Extension Matters: written report in Gwyn's absence – Southport Sunrise now has 22 members, needing 25 to apply to become a full Rotary club. Charter presentation date postponed to February 2012 because of change of venue. Gwyn to visit again this month
5. Area Reports: (1) Shirley reported (through Jayne) that Garston just about to get 2 new members, other clubs doing ok with exception of Liverpool, which is low on numbers. (2) Beryl (in written report) has been in touch with all Area 2 clubs, visited Neston and Ellesmere Port and has a Membership evening on the 27th October. Saughall has 3 new members, Wallasey 4, Mid Wirral 1 and Royden Revolve 2 (3) Peter has visited most Area 3 clubs as AG and spoken about membership – hopes to hold a Membership seminar in February. Colwyn Bay has 1 new member, Abergele 3 with one in the pipeline, Rhos on Sea 1 in pipeline (4) Elfed reported that he hopes to attend a meeting of Presidents and PEs to raise membership matters. He has been in contact with Hawarden, Denbigh, Prestatyn and Wrexham Yale (5) Vicki reported through Jayne that she is attending an Area 5 Zone meeting this evening hosted by Jon Swain (AG). She is to have a 'spot' to talk about membership
6. AOB: (a) Elfed showed a cloth carrier bag which he had had printed up with Rotary logo and Ruthin club details on the back – idea could be used to advertise Rotary in other areas (b) We talked about ways to encourage more interest in Rotary from stands at the Eisteddfodau – key thought to be young people to attract passers-by, perhaps performing. More thought needed to develop this (c) It would be good to have a Membership presence at Youth Speaks, Young Chef et al - children have parents who might be encouraged to join Rotary!
7. DONM: Tuesday 10th January 2012, 6.45 for 7 pm, Days Hotel