Rotary International District 1080
Home | Marketing & Public Relations | Press Releases
To read recent press releases select either 'District Press Releases' or 'Club Press Releases'
Template Press Releases
To help sell your event into the media, a range of template press releases are available.
- Fill in all the areas with red bold text, including the address details in the footer.
- Dates and times of events are important otherwise the media will not show up.
- Do change the quotes to suit your personality but do ensure you are inviting people to join in Thanks for Life and to join up to Rotary.
- Co-ordinate your distribution with other Rotary clubs in your district to prevent sending seven versions of the same release to the same media outlet. Your TfL coordinator, district communications chair and public relations officer will help with this.
- Get permission from partner groups for the media to attend. Some groups may not want the publicity.
There are six press release templates to choose from:
TfL crocuses in bloom
Provided that the squirrels haven't eaten the corns and the frost has finally lifted, you will have a glorious purple colour spreading across the landscape. These fresh shoots of spring are a good starting point to remind people that Thanks for Life is nearing its climax.
TfL local activities
This is ideal for events involving youngsters, local schools or your local community. Put in the details of the school or group, what the participants will be doing and what media opportunities are available. Do obtain relevant consent forms from parents and carers to allow photography.
TfL window of opportunity
Use this release if you are taking part in the Window of Opportunity element of Thanks for Life. If your shop window is a cafe or another type of venue, you may be able to use the angle of boosting local businesses by attracting shoppers to the town.
Town supports polio campaign - pre event
Send this press invitation out in advance of any event. This will give the media time to prepare any coverage. Do send out reminders and do call your local media to enquire if they are attending. If they are not attending, offer another opportunity.
Town in national polio campaign - post event
Follow up press releases really help to get the message across provided they have great content, images and interview opportunities. This release can be used to inform the media of the success of the event and advise that there are future events.
TfL fundraising success
This is an alternative version to the template above.
Your district press relations officer will be able to advise you on successful ways of getting your story into the media.