Helping Rotary Clubs in District 1040 to develop and retain their membership
The MD&R team will assist clubs to:
- Develop a membership strategy
- Develop a member retention strategy
- Promote Rotary to a wider,younger audience
- Conduct surveys of their areas in order to identify possible scope for the formation of new clubs
We will do this by working with Assistant Governors, Club leadership teams, MPRC, the Club Visioning team and Rotary GO Enthusiasts to help to provide a holistic approach to membership development.
- dissemination of information regarding recruitment of new members
- arranging membership seminars, either through a District event or club/s organised showcase
- recording membership trends, not only to monitor progress but also to highlight potential problems
- reporting the above to District Council and the District Policy Committee
From 01 July 2015, the primary source for reporting data will be the District 1040 'membership' page of Rotary Club Central (RCC). It is the responsibility of each club's Secreatary and Membership Chair to ensure that their club data is entered and maintained.
Key RCC data:
- number of members, gender split, age group split
- membership goal - projected number of members in the current and future Rotary years
- engagement - % of members engaged with club activities
- communication - does the club have a written membership strategy?
- public relations - is the club website kept up to date, does the club use social media to good effect?
Please note: as of 01 July 2015 clubs are no longer required to supply attendance data to the MD&R team.
Speakers at club meetings:
We will try and respond to requests from clubs to provide speakers about the work of the MD&R team and membership issues.
MD&R team structure:
We have divided our committee along Assistant Govenor Group lines, detailed in the table below. The team is led by Kevin Grogan. We are looking for two representatives per group and have a number of vacancies. Anyone who is interested in joining the team should contact Kevin.
||MD&R rep (1)
||MD&R rep (2)
|| Robert Morphet (Bradford West)
|| Roland Wohlrapp (Skipton)
| East (N)
|| Kevin Grogan (York)
| East (S)
|| Chris Clubley (Weighton Wolds)
| Inner 9
|| Frank Milner (Ossett)
|| Nick Haigh (Cleckheaton)
| Joint 7
|| Bob Burgess (Normanton
|| Mike Bowers (Lower Wharfedale)
|| Michael Hepper (Wensleydale)
| South West
|| Anne Sutcliffe (Sowerby Bridge)
|| Mark Stewart-Clarke
|| Brian Skidmore
Contact Kevin Grogan about this page: