Rotary International District 1090
Home | District Governor and Diaries
Welcome to Rotary District 1090 which covers the Thames Valley and surrounding areas.
A Warm Welcome from DG Judith Diment
There are 62 Rotary clubs with over 2000 members in Berkshire, Oxfordshire, south Buckinghamshire and west Middlesex. The District is part of the Rotary International global network of inspired individuals who translate their passions into relevant social causes to change lives in communities.
Made up of over 34,000 Rotary clubs around the world, Rotary International forms a worldwide network of business, professional, and community leaders who volunteer their time and talents to serve communities locally and around the world – and form strong, lasting friendships in the process.
Rotarians in the District work on projects in six areas of focus:
• Peace and conflict prevention/resolution
• Disease prevention and treatment
• Water and sanitation
• Maternal and child health
• Basic education and literacy
• Economic and community development
Throughout Rotary’s rich history, Rotarians have strived to achieve the ideal of Service Above Self, which exemplifies the humanitarian spirit of the 1.2 million Rotarians worldwide .
This forms the foundation on which all club activity is based:
• Through Club Service, we have fun, build lasting friendships, and make sure that our club functions well.
• Through Vocational Service, we volunteer our professional skills to serve others and promote integrity in everything we do.
• Through Community Service, we address local needs and work with our community to bring lasting improvements.
• Through International Service, we meet humanitarian needs around the globe and promote world understanding and peace.
• Through New Generations Service, we work with young people to help them become the next generation of leaders, visionaries, and peacemakers. The District supports nine Rotaract clubs for young people aged 18-30 and 20 Interact and RotaKid Clubs for school children
.We are very proud of the End Polio Now campaign which was started by Rotary and is now the largest global public/private partnership working to eradicate polio.
Do browse through this website and look at the amazing things Rotarians, from all over the world, do in their local communities, nationally and internationally. If you would like to find out more about us please contact your local Rotary Club or complete the Contact Form above.
We are a group of ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
We help communities to help themselves.
District Governor 2012/13
|District Diary 2013-2014 (Draft)|
|District Diary 2012-2013 v3 updated 10 October 2012||DG Judith's Diary may be accessed by logging in to the Members' Area and selecting Members Only pages|