Rotary International District 1250
Home | International | Rotary Eye
Rotary Club of Guildford Eye Project
A donation of just £5 can enable the blind to see again!
You can transform someone’s life by enabling their sight to be restored, just by making a £5 donation to ROTARY CLUB OF GUILDFORD EYE PROJECT.
In 1997 Guildford Rotarian S N Das, Sam, an eye surgeon and consultant ophthalmic surgeon, started the project in and around Kolkata (Calcutta) with a personal ambition to restore the sight of 100,000 people!
Aided by a generous grant system from the worldwide Rotary Movement, the £15 cost of a cataract and other similar operations can be funded by a donation of JUST £5 FROM YOU.
GUILDFORD ROTARY EYE PROJECT provides:-
- Training for eye surgeons
- Microscopes and laser equipment etc.
- Eye buses
- Hospital transport
- Mobile eye screening camps
- Facilities for additional treatments
- Strives to ensure self sufficiency for all eye units
- The existing 7 hospitals carry out an impressive 10,000 operations per annum
MUCH MORE CAN BE DONE WITH YOUR SUPPORT in the Indian sub continent, in Africa and in other economically emerging countries.