Rotary International District 1250
Home | Leadership, Development and Training | Our Aims & Objectives
- Prepare District & Club members for new roles
- Encourage members to recognise training needs and seek solutions
- Respond positively to members' own perceived training needs
- Provide ready access to LD&T information for members
- Identify individuals' training needs at Club and District levels.
- Provide training matched to individual and group needs, using a variety of training methods including distance learning.
- Provide timetables of training opportunities.
- Create a library of resources, virtual or otherwise, to help members achieve their learning needs
Skills to be developed may include;
- inter-personal skills
- team building
- conduct of meetings
- procedures for conduct of formal business
- agenda preparation
- different methods of presentation
- preparation of material for presentations
- delivery of presentations in an inspirational way
- validation and evaluation techniques
Training has a vital role in assisting the district governor elect with the preparation of programmes with a meaningful and valuable content for participants at the following events:
- district assembly and preparation
- district training seminar for the district team (which includes the DGN and assistant governor training)
other events in the district as appropriate, such as:
- district Rotary Foundation seminar
- district membership seminar
The district training team will make their availability known to club presidents and be ready to help them with training needs at club level.