Donating to Foundation
Welcome to the Donating to Foundation page
We welcome interest from Rotary Clubs, Rotarians and members of the public who would like to support Rotary's charity through a donation or through one of our sponsored promotions.
If you are a member of the public and you would like to give money to our charity, you can do so through The Rotary Foundation UK (RFUK). Here is a direct link to the web pages that explain how to donate.You can also donate through Virgin Money Giving. Here is a direct link to Virgin Money Giving.
We would also welcome donations specifically to help The Rotary Foundation to eradicate polio. Here is a direct link to our End Polio Now pages.
You can also buy these excellent products, knowing that all profits will go to The Rotary Foundation.
Arbroath Smokies - see link on right
The Rotary Foundation asks Every Rotarian Every Year to give $100 to Foundation. But this does not mean that the contribution must come from the individual Rotarian. Clubs can accept donations from other sources or can raise funds for Foundation through charitable events or club activities.
The Clubs in the District with the highest per capita donations are recognised with a banner which is sent automatically to them by the DG.
Examples of how to reach the $100 per Rotarian target include:
- Hold a Foundation fundraiser
- Collect change at every meeting
- Devote a meeting to Foundation and have a "frugal" meal with the surplus going to Foundation
- Promote Foundation with success stories and examples of how much good in the world is done through Foundation projects
- Encourage "Sustaining Membership" amongst the Rotarians in your Club
- Add Gift Aid to all individual contributions
- Ask Rotarians to leave a legacy to Foundation in their wills
Individuals are recognised as Sustaining Members if they give at least $100 per year (including Gift Aid), through a regular Standing Order payment.
Gift Aid can be claimed on individual donations to Foundation. Rotary Foundation UK (at RIBI) can do this for you. You must supply them with Gift Aid declarations for each individual (once only - not annually).
If you have further questions, contact the Foundation Chair, Carol Stewart.