Information about our charity, The Rotary Foundation, including items for downloading
Foundation means a "not for profit/charity" organisation. The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to support the efforts of Rotary International in the fulfilment of the Object of Rotary, Rotary's mission, and the achievement of world understanding and peace through local, national, and international humanitarian, educational, and cultural programmes.
The Rotary Foundation relies on the enthusiastic support of clubs and individual Rotarians
voluntarily giving generously of their time, etc. This is how it has become one of, if not the foremost non-governmental charities in the world. It is said that every minute of every day Rotary will touch the lives of millions somewhere in the world. The Rotary Foundation is one of the world's leading charitable foundations
and each Rotarian can be justly proud of its' achievements in the past, present and in the future.
Any Rotarian in District 1285 can join the District Rotary Foundation Committee
, any Service Project Committee
, or the Public Image Committee
by either contacting the Committee Chairman or attending one of the committee meetings. You do not have to wait to be asked - just come along!
The DRFC meetings are held on the first Thursday of July, October, January (sometimes 2nd Thursday depending on New Year) and April.
In addition the DRFC holds a Foundation Seminar, normally on the final Thursday in November, The Rotary Foundation month.
for details of the 2016 seminar.
Contacts & Responsibilities for 2016-17
- Chairman: Mike Payne (Manchester Breakfast)
- Grants Sub-committee Chairman: - Elizabeth Tatman (Bolton Daybreak)
- Scholarships Sub-committee Chairman: - Jackie Berry (Manchester Breakfast)
- Vocational Training Teams Sub-committee Chairman: - vacant (acting Mike Payne)
- PolioPlus Sub-committee Chairman: - Mike Yates (New Mills, Marple & District)
- Fund raising Sub-committee Chairman: - vacant (acting Mike Payne)
- Stewardship Sub-committee Chairman: - Colin Ince (St Helens)
- Treasurer designate: - Helen Doherty (Manchester Trailblazers)
- Other Members
- Najib Yousif (Stockport Lamplighter)
- Phil Jones (Horwich)
Contact details can be found using 'Contact & Search' in the member's part of the district website or by using the DMS (RotaryGBI Database Management System)
Rotary Crocus Campaign
To order Rotary Crocus lapel 'flowers' for either World Polio Day (October) or Rotary Day (February 23rd)
please contact District Rotary Foundation Committee Chairman Mike Payne..
Contact Mike Payne about this page: