Making Marlow Dementia Friendly Rotary Launch Meeting
The Marlow Bridge Rotary Club Dementia Friendly Committee, chaired by Paul Bolton and Shila Odedra-Silvera, are looking for stakeholders to actively work with us at ground level.
Help us make Marlow a Dementia Friendly Community!
19:30 on Tuesday 9th of October All Saints Church Hall, Marlow
Buffet Dinner and a welcome drink will be provided at a cost of £15
Dementia Friendly Communities is a programme by the Alzheimer’s society which facilitates the creation of dementia-friendly communities across the UK. Everyone, from governments and health boards to supermarkets, estate agents, restaurants, the local corner shop and hairdresser all share part of the responsibility for ensuring that people living with dementia feel understood, valued and able to contribute to their community, and their loved ones and carers do not feel they have to struggle alone.
The Marlow Bridge Rotary Club Dementia Friendly Committee, chaired by Paul Bolton and Shila Odedra-Silvera, are looking for stakeholders to actively work with us at ground level. As well as Members from our three clubs, we are also inviting some of the key contacts we have made so far on the project, both inside and outside Rotary.
We are holding this launch event so we can:
• Present what Dementia Friendly means
• Give an update on our progress
• Ask for feedback and kind support going forward
• Ask attendees if they can suggest contacts of theirs to be approached for this initiative
• Help establish what other Dementia Friendly projects or assistance are being undertaken/planned in Marlow and how we can perhaps integrate them
Going forward, it is not our intention that this will a Rotary Only project. We are the catalyst to get the project going and then see where Making Marlow a Dementia Friendly Community can be taken by the various agreed stakeholders in the future. Your support can be as little or as much as you are able to kindly provide – just attending the 09 October event will be agreat contribution in itself.
Our aims will be finalised in due course but will be around:
• Bringing together the Marlow community to make a difference to those living with dementia.
• Engaging in awareness raising activities and education.
• Encouraging Marlow based organisations and businesses to see the importance of
dementia awareness and empower them to take action.
• Ensuring we have a strong voice for Marlow people living with dementia.
We hope this inaugural event will lead into a larger event in early 2019 bringing in stakeholders from charities, business, organisations and the community to move the overall project on accordingly.
If you are interested in attending this event on behalf of your organisation / company then please contact Paul Bolton.