2019 Charity Am/Am Golf Tournament
The 16th annual Charity Golf Match hosted by Kenwick Park Golf Club, Louththumbnail view
Charity Golf Day
The day was supported by 32 teams and the weather was warm and sunny. The course was in excellent condition, which produced some very good scores being posted. Light refreshments at the halfway house were welcome and there was good demand for Pimm’s. At the end of play an excellent meal was enjoyed by all.
The event raised just under £7000 making a total of over £100,000 over the 16 years. Rotary President John Clark has nominated the local branch of NSPCC and Doorstep as the main beneficiaries. Other local charities will also benefit.
Grimsby Rotary Club thanks the main sponsors, Lexus (Hull) who have supported the event from the start, as well as all other sponsors, again many of whom have given regular support, and the teams of golfers, who have made this day such a great golfing and financial success.
- 1st place with 89 points Lincolnshire Poachers team of Tony Bratley, Mark Fleming, Ian Lord and Tony Lightfoot
- 2nd place Pousette Enterprises 87 points Michael Pousette, Steve Sison, Mike Lane and Mick Wilkinson
- 3rd place, 85 points, went to Specsavers, Brian Stephenson, Richard Stephenson, Martin Maslin and John Stobart
- 4th place was Tuesday Weld, 85 points Mike Harne, Cris Royston, K Clarkson and Mike Morgan.
- 5th place 85 points MKM Building, Stuart Smith, Darren Bowes, Craig Bowles, Simon Smith.
- The best Rotary team was The Falcons of Stuart Falconer, Som Roy, Brian Lazonby and Barry Coultas
- The ladies nearest the pin on the 2nd and 12th was Birdie Dawson
- David Spence was nearest at the 8th and Martyn Warren at the 17th
- Diane Coutts had the longest drive for the ladies and Simon Smith for the men
- There were 7 two’s
President John and the event organisers, Stuart and Bill, would like to thank all of the Sponsors and Rotarians who made personal donations, not fogetting the band of willing helpers who came along to help on the day, especially the ladies who prepared the rolls and served refreshments at the halfway house. A big thank you to all for making the day a success.