Template site for Rotary Clubs in GB & I
Home | tutorial home | Reports and Handbooks
In order to print the PDF files you will need to have appropriate software installed on your computer. Most computers will already have a copy of Adobe Reader installed for this purpose and will open PDF files automatically. If your computer does not have suitable software installed, or if you wish to make sure you have the latest version, please visit www.adobe.com for more information. Adobe Reader is free software and is easily available from the front page of their site. If you are already using Adobe Reader then we suggest that you upgrade to the latest version.
From the drop down menu, you can select to arrange your data in a number of different reports. These reports are marked as:
- Contact List - Shows all selected records in a simple contact list form, encompassing the name and club, telephone number, e-mail address and role of a each entry. The PDF print is in a different format to that shown on the preview screen.
- Contact List (club order) - As above but in the alphabetical order of the club.
- Contact List (detailed) - As the Contact List with the addition of the address.
- Birthday List - Shows all selected records in a form similar to the contact list, except with the postal address and birthday in place of the telephone number and role. The PDF option should be selected for a print.
- Members Checklist (PDF) - This generates a printable PDF checklist of club members, which is useful for event registration.
- Rotary Checklist (PDF) - This generates a printable PDF checklist following a search, for example, of all club Secretaries and is useful for event registration.
- Rotary Checklist (PDF club order) - This generates a printable PDF checklist following a search, for example, of all club Secretaries and is useful for event registration
- Address Labels (PDF) - This generates a set of address labels that can be printed for use on envelopes. More information is available from the print instructions below.
- Business Cards (PDF) - This will print a complete sheet of business cards for all those members in the search. If only one member's name is selected then it will print the entire sheet for that member. The print is 10 to a sheet to provide a business card of 85mm x 54 mm. You can either print them onto A4 card or buy ready made sheets of business cards such as Avery reference C32026-10 which have a 'Quick & clean' card edge that enables you to easily separate the cards, leaving no perforations. It's a good idea to print a test sheet onto ordinary paper to make sure the alignment is correct before printing a complete run onto business card stationery.
- Business Cards, no addresses (PDF) - As above but without the member's address
- Business Cards, Club phone (PDF) - As above without the member’s address or phone number. A ‘central club’ contact phone number is used. This is entered in the Club details section of the RIBIT system and can be prefixed by a name or role if required, e.g. Secretary Tel: 01234 123456
- ID Badges (PDF) - This prints a sheet of 21 ID badges showing the club name and member name. The layout is the same as for the Address Labels (see below) so that you can print them onto the same labels, for affixing to pin badges, if desired.
- Photo Badges (PDF) - As the ID badges (PDF) above with the addition of the member¿s photo.
- Club Handbook (Compact) - This is printed on one or two sheets of A4 with the Club information, Four way test, Objects of Rotary and Committees on one side and a full list of Member contact details and classification on the rear.
The next options each generate a Club/District Handbook with the information matching the records generated by the search. They have a 'shuffled' PDF option designed for printing; more information is available from the print instructions below.
- Club Handbook (Standard) - This produces an A6 handbook containing club information, RI, RIBI and District officers and web site addresses, Club Officers, Club committees, District Officers, Past Presidents, a full list of Member contact details and classification and customised notes.
- Club Handbook (Detailed) - As the Standard directory with the addition of the Club diary, a Membership certificate on the rear and all Club Secretaries in the District
- Club Handbook (Illustrated) - As the Club Handbook (Standard) with the addition of the member's photo.
- District Handbook (Compact) - This produces an A6 handbook containing the District Executive, all Club Secretaries in The District, Four way test, Attendance rules, Objects of Rotary and a list of Clubs including their meeting information and Club Officers.
- District Handbook (Compact with emails) - As the above District Handbook (Compact) with the addition of email addresses.
- District Handbook (Standard) - As the Compact District directory, with the additional information for each club of all members, their email address, telephone number and classification.
- District Handbook (Detailed) (PDF) - This handbook is intended for two purposes - to be saved onto your computer as a PDF of the complete membership Directory and to be printed by a professional printer. It will produce a directory similar to the full printed directories printed in previous years in the District. To save the file - do a search for all members, select this option and then select to save the file to your computer. More information is available about the printed version in the instructions below.
- District Handbook (Illustrated) (PDF) - As above with the DG’s picture and contact information and also the Club President’s picture in the start of each section.
- email address list - This generates a list of e-mail addresses obtained from the records of the search. This report does not carry a PDF option as it is intended to be used to create lists of addresses to copy & paste into a mail program rather than printed lists.
- Club-role-email address list - Operates as email address list (see above) but uses the members' club role-based addresses rather than their private addresses, if these are available.
You can select a report by clicking it in the drop down list and then clicking on the Go button to display the report. Those reports that are not marked with PDF in the list will show a preview on screen with all the data in the relevant places - for example, a Club Handbook would show each page with the data in place, so a club and contacts would be shown on a single page. With these reports, there is a PDF Format button located at the top right of the screen. By clicking on this, the report on screen is converted into a PDF that can be opened by Adobe Acrobat reader - you will need this to print the handbooks. Some reports have a shuffled PDF button that will shuffle them in the correct order for printing. More details are provided by the print instructions, which are located in the next section of this tutorial.
The reports marked with PDF in the drop down menu are instantly created as PDFs without a preview, and will open in Acrobat Reader instantly.
Please note that the larger your search results, the longer reports will take to generate, so please be patient.