Members of the Rotary Club of Minehead and their guests met at former President, Ros Clements farm at East Luccombe this Saturday to welcome in their new President, Angela Murray-Clarke. The BBQ and the accompanying salads, deserts and music were great.Details
Club members are all making a monthly donation of food to the West Somerset Food Cupboard to help those in need locallyDetails
Outgoing President, Colin White, handed over the chain of office to the new incoming President, Angela Murray-Clarke, in the presence of Assistant District Governor, Roger Vincent, and the club members.Details
We were pleased to receive a visit from Mark Shields and Wayne Stokes of the Somerset Rural Community Council to explain how they work in our community and how our Rotary Club may help themDetails
The Rotary Club of Minehead were pleased to continue their help to the Marie Curie charity at their fundraising event at Morrisons Supermarket over the week-end. The club provided 10 collectors who joined local volunteers and members of the Lions to proviDetails
1) The club held it's first social event of the year by holding a BBQ at East Luccombe Farm on Saturday the 23rd July. The event was well attended with several guests invited. After deductions of costs the club were able to allocate £175 towards the President's chosen charity. Somerset Childrens Hospice.
2) The 2nd of our monthly food donations were delivered to the West Somerset Food Cupboard to help those most in need locally. These donations will continue throughout the year. Anyone wishing to help with these donations should contact the club
3) Over £6,000 in District Grants have been applied for from the Ukraine Disaster Response Fund and 16 Ukrainian families, being hosted locally, will receive up to £500 per family to help them settle in to West Somerset. We have invited one of the hosts and a member of a refugee family to come along to a meeting to describe how they had to leave Ukraine with nothing.
4) The Vaccination Centre in Minehead is now holding Tuesday sessions only. A number of Rotarians are still helping out at these sessions
5) Our Youth Service organiser, Mollie Foster, is holding meetings with Minehead Young Careers to see if we can give them some relief from their responsibilities, looking after their family members.
PREVIOUS FUND RAISING EVENTS.
Fri, Sep 2nd 2022 7:30 pm
Log in for more.
To help support our local theatre the club proposes to make a number of group visits over the coming year. First visit "The Swinging Bluejeans"
Sat, Sep 3rd 2022 12:00 pm
Log in for more.
Interactive Art and craft event with the Rotary Club gazebo being used as a marketing tool for attracting new members
Fri, Sep 9th 2022 5:00 pm
Log in for more.
Sunset Boat Cruise out of Minehead harbour for members of the Rotary Club and Guests.
We meet on Mondays at 18.30(We meet on the 1st and 3rd Mondays in the month. Please contact Secretary re other Mondays No meetings on Bank Holidays) The Northfield Hotel, Northfield Road,Minehead
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.