Welcome to the webpage for the Rotaract Club of Moray. Rotaract is a unique international service organisation for people aged 18-30, offering a wide range of activities that will enable you to try something new, whilst having a great time and meeting others.
The purpose of Rotaract is to provide an opportunity for young men and women to enhance the knowledge and skills that will assist them in personal development, to address the physical and social needs of their communities, and to promote better relations between all people worldwide through a framework of friendship and service.
The goals of Rotaract are:
1. To develop professional and leadership skills;
2. To emphasise respect for the rights of others, and to promote ethical standards and the dignity of all useful occupations;
3. To provide opportunities for young people to address the needs and concerns of the community and our world;
4. To provide opportunities for working in co-operation with sponsoring Rotary clubs; and
5. To motivate young people for eventual membership in Rotary.
Originally founded in the United States in 1968, Rotaract came to the UK and Ireland in the early 1970s. There are just currently over 60 clubs in the Great Britain and Ireland (GB&I), and more than 7,500 clubs across 155 countries worldwide.
Rotaract Club of Moray are a young group of individuals that are willing to do good for the people of Moray. Since forming in 2010 the strong group of individuals have gone on to organise and assist with many high-profile events in Moray, including the Carnivals in 2012 and 2013, A Night at the Musicals in 2016 and 2017, A Ladies day in 2017 and many other events. These events have led to Rotaract Moray being able to donate £1000's to many local and national charities.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.