Welcome to Keighley Rotary Club. Our intrepid cyclist Mick Baines has started his marathon bike ride the length of the UK mainland covering 952 miles in ten days the raise money for good causes
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation and the current Data Protection Act (the “GDPR”).
The Rotary Club of Keighley (“the Club”) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
The Club complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
· To enable us to run events and activities;
· To administer membership records;
· To fundraise for charitable purposes;
· To manage our volunteers;
· To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
· To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by the Club. or by others which we think may interest you
· Your explicit consent to us using your personal data for the purposes above.
· Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations;
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the Club in order to carry out the purposes above. We will only share your data with third parties with your consent.
We keep data until we believe you no longer wish to be involved with the purposes above or you tell us you no longer want us to hold it. Specifically, we retain gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
· The right to request a copy of your personal data which the Club holds about you;
· The right to request that the Club corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
· The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the Club to retain such data;
· The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
· The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
· The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
· The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
· The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries of complaints please in the first instance contact the Club Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Club of Keighley (Registered charity number 514420)
A new walking route
We have been very fortunate to benefit from the expertise of Allan Friswell, (who has devised walks for the Silsden Strollers) and produced a scenic walk around the highways and bi-ways of Keighley. This five mile stroll is called the Rotary Ramble 2016. We hope to have an inaugural walk later in the year, then repeat it each year as an organised social date for the calendar. If you would like to have a go, then please download and print off the maps and instructions. There is a choice of starting places, all easily accessible by car or bus. The route is clearly marked with distinctive yellow markers. The walk includes the Worth valley, hidden footpaths, follows the Keighley and Worth valley railway route, and goes through Oakworth, where "˜The Railway Children"™ was filmed. The views along the way are stunning. Further details will be available once we have set the date of our autumn Rotary Ramble, but the route is open to the public at any time from now.
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.
Family Rotary club use skills to kick-start local charities
Rotary members unite to tackle world hunger
Meetings & Venue
Where and when:
(No meeting on Bank Holidays. Twilight meetings on first Monday of month if not a Bank Holiday.)
Keighley Rugby Union Club
BD20 6DT 01535 602174