What we've been up to during Covid-19?
Since the outbreak of Covid-19 our Shepperton & Sunbury Rotary has not been able to meet at the Holiday Inn. However, we have weekly Zoom meetings on a Monday evening and a number of initiatives have taken place to help people in our community.
1. We have given donations and raised the equivalent money via District grants for:
a) St Saviour's Church Food Bank
b) Jubilee Church Food Bank
2. We have given donations and raised the equivalent money via District grants for:
a) Shooting Star Chase Children's Hospice
b) The Princess Alice Hospice
3. We have run 2 Children's Competitions:
a) Children's Art Competition (see Events ending on 30 June) - run by Rotarian Les Coulson, money
b) Sunflower Competiton (see Events ending on 31 August) - set up by Rotarian Jacqueline Stanton, she has so far raised donations of c.£600, including sale of other plants.
4. We have supported the North Surrey Domestic Abuse Service.
5. We have supported Transform Housing and Support who provide boredom buster packs and food as well as support for vulnerable people in Sunbury in their own homes or at Mitchison House.
Meetings and events happening soon
Monday 31st August 17.00
Children's Sunflower Competition
The poster gives details about the competition
Be part of a global network of volunteers, trying to make the world a better place. Please also see the 'links & news' page for information from the local district and live feeds from Rotary International and Rotary International in GB&I.