Weekly News/ weekly news 19/09/11
Mon 19th September 2011
Johnnie's weekly news
The meeting was chiefly dedicated to the final preparations for the Beer Festival. Jeff has put in a tremendous amount of work and has kept the membership well informed through his persistent
but light-hearted emails. Well-done Jeff!
George brought a guest to the meeting: Roger Jefferies from Blandford R.C. who gave us a (strangely familiar) long-winded account of his association with George going back over many years.
There was good news that Daniel may be returning to the fold next month.
NB: Dress code for Beer Fest is our Rotary roundel embellished outfits!
- Goodwood Races. A good day out. Lucky Les!
Roy's plans for the Sponsored Swim, Saturday 19th Nov. are buoyant.
Help will be needed at Ringwood Rec. Parsonage Barn Lane. 4.45 pm. 10 lane-counters with clip boards. Roy is hoping this will become an annual event. Proceeds from the
initial swim will be donated to the Community Church and the Scouts, being
the principle participants.
- Ladies Night is rescheduled for 10th Oct
- Next Monday's Meeting will be held at the Three Tuns to use up left over beer and slops!
Members not taking the Quick Break are expected to meet at the Carpenters as
There was a good uptake for taking part in the skittles match against Highcliffe
at the Walkford. Wed 28th Sept. Contact Les.
- Boules: our next game depends upon the outcome of the match to be held on Wed. 20th Sept.
- There are a couple of tickets returned for the Soiree, for anyone that missed signing up on the notice board for Tuesday 1st Nov. at the Hub in Verwood. Contact Johnnie P.
Bill was Master at Arms and Nick won the raffle again
John opens World Parkinson's Day Event at Pavilion Dance
Rotary support for Parkinson's sufferersdetails